Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
Countdown

The Top 5 Best Sites to Order Homecoming Dresses

Caydence Kuo
    Jennalyn Urquico and her friends at Homecoming last year at YLHS 2022.

This is the time of year every high school girl dreads the most: Homecoming dress shopping. While it may seem unimportant, Homecoming dress shopping is one of the most stressful experiences a girl can go through in high school. Every single year, girls struggle to find the perfect Homecoming dress. When I look at Homecoming dress sites, a lot of them need better options or shipping in time. Because of the stress that began around this time, I decided to interview a few upperclassmen at YLHS and ask for their top sites to order Homecoming dresses. I wanted to know the best shopping sites for dresses to make it easier for YLHS students to buy their dream Homecoming dress. 

I have collected the top 5 Homecoming dress sites that the upperclassmen have recommended and listed them below. The list will start with the 5th choice and end with the #1 top pick for Homecoming dress shopping at the very end. So starting with #5 we have…

5. HOUSE OF CB

House of CB is perfect for students who are looking for a dress with very excellent quality. Jessica Lee (11) loves House of CB and says, “If you prioritize quality and unique designs, House of CB is a top choice.” House of CB offers a variety of beautiful dresses with unique and intricate designs. However, this site is at the bottom because of its prices. Most of the dresses sold on the site range from $200 to $260. This is very pricey, so if you are not willing to spend that much on a dress, this site is not the best for you. However, you should check out House of CB if you want a beautiful dress with unique and pretty designs.

4. LULUS

Lulus is very reliable, has efficient shipping, and has a lot of great options for dresses. I ordered my Homecoming dress from Lulus during my freshman year. Lulus has many modest options if you are looking for more a-line dresses or dresses that are not too tight around your figure. As a freshman, I wanted a more modest dress, and Lulus had great options for modest dresses while still being fashionable and cute! Naina Brar (11) loved her dress from Lulus her sophomore year and says, “Lulus ships very fast and has the cutest options for Homecoming.” 

3. OH POLLY

At #3, we have the site Oh Polly. Oh, Polly is an excellent option to consider as it has a variety of options with good quality. Many dresses are solid colored, which is great because you could probably wear your Homecoming dress again on a different occasion. Oh, Polly’s orders ship considerably fast, usually taking about ten days. Jessica Lee (11) says Oh Polly is a good site as it is “worth considering for its trendy options.” The one downside to Oh Polly is that while it has some affordable options ($40-$50), many dresses have price ranges as high as $130.

2. LUCY IN THE SKY

Coming in 2nd place, according to YLHS upperclassmen, is Lucy in the Sky. Lucy in the Sky is a great site to buy Homecoming dresses! Lucy in the Sky has really pretty options with fabulous quality dresses. The prices are also very affordable, ranging from $30-$60. I bought my Homecoming dress from Lucy in the Sky my sophomore year, and it was so pretty with lace detailing! Aubrey Esparza (12) remarked, “Lucy in the Sky has many great dress options. I ordered my dress for this year’s Homecoming from Lucy in the Sky.” The only downside to Lucy in the Sky is that shipping may take a while. It may take up to a month and a half for your dress to come. So, if you are ordering your dress two weeks away from homecoming or less, this probably is not the site for you! 

1. PRINCESS POLLY

Last but not least, according to upperclassmen here at YLHS, Princess Polly is the most recommended and most popular site to buy a Homecoming dress. The perks to buying your Homecoming dress at Princess Polly are that the orders ship very fast, and it has a lot of options to choose from. Princess Polly is the perfect option if you buy your Homecoming dress at the last minute. Princess Polly is also my favorite site to buy Homecoming dresses because I am a last-minute shopper. Princess Polly comes in handy whenever I need a dress within a week! 

And the best part is, all of the dresses are of great quality and are super cute! Kailey Dinh (11) recommends Princess Polly as her #1 Homecoming dress site and says, “Princess Polly is perfect for any last minute/backup dress shopping. They have so many cute dresses and they ship really fast!” Naina Brar (11) also recommends Princess Polly and says, “If you are in need of a cute dress option, but have limited time to order it, go with Princess Polly. They offer fast shipping which is perfect for last-minute shoppers.” 

“If you are in need of a cute dress option, but have limited time to order it, go with Princess Polly. They offer fast shipping which is perfect for last-minute shoppers.” 

— Naina Brar (11)

Homecoming dress shopping can be really stressful, but these top 5 sites should make shopping for them a little bit easier! These results were taken from multiple YLHS upperclassmen who have experience buying Homecoming dresses. Homecoming dress shopping should not be dreaded anymore; instead, it should be exciting!

View Comments (4)