Briderton Season 3, Colin and Penelope

https://www.purewow.com/entertainment/bridgerton-season-3-penelope-colin
    Many think that Penelope deserves better than Colin, and though I agree, don’t they make a nice pair?

Dearest Gentle Reader,

After a long wait, Bridgerton season three has finally made its debut, or dare I say Lady Whistledown’s latest edition has arrived. Although only part of the season has been released there is already so much to go over. As well as many controversies in the slightly but noticeably changed clothing, new marital prospects, the beginning of new technology, and that’s not even all of it. 

Starting with what we’ve all been waiting for…Penelope Featherington and Colin Bridgerton, after being left on a cliff hanger last season and the teasers we have finally received what we wanted. Since watching it though it may have been a little overdone. Some reviews I have seen have been in favor of the “new Colin” and his little act, but me and a few other people have never been more disappointed. Since Colin has returned from his travels he has taken on a new personality and overall character. Before this season, Colin was viewed as the younger Bridgerton brother with not many fans, but as soon as he returned, he has received a lot more attention from the “ton’s” current marital prospects. Meanwhile, Penelope has done sort of the same. Since the last season Penelope Featherington has changed her entire wardrobe and even caught the eye of the Queen. Even with these changes she struggled to find a match due to her lack of confidence. 

To gain the ability to find her a husband, Colin agreed to help Penelope with her conversational skills. This led to the ton finding out, and Penelope to go back to being a “wallflower.” How? You may ask. Eloise Bridgerton, who was formerly Penelope’s best friend before learning of her secret identity, accidentally let it be known when telling her unexpected new “best friend” Cressida Cowper how she saw Penelope leaving her house after one of her sessions with Colin. But never mind, Eloise and Cressida, we’ll get back to them. 

After Penelope’s secret got out the search for a husband became more difficult than it already was before. Until she met the Lord Debling who quickly took an interest in her. He told her how he did not find interest in gossip and was perfect for her. Penelope really enjoys her privacy and because he planned to travel for 3 years after the wedding, she would have that. It was as if they were meant to be. Until Colin finally after 2 seasons realized his feelings for Penelope. Debling was quick to learn that she felt the same for Colin and decided to revoke his proposal to her. A senior at YLHS Sarah Bennani (12), says

“although Colin and Penelope have been a couple that was expected to happen eventually, I really liked Lord Debling for Penelope.”

— Sarah Bennani (12)

Shortly after this, Penelope went off with Colin and after years of yearning for this moment, he proposed. Excitingly, this is not the end of their story. He is still unaware of her secret identity, and they still have a lot to uncover together. Until next time.