Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
Countdown

The Fall Season with Mr. Hipwell

There+are+multiple+different+ways+to+go+out+and+find+your+favorite+ways+of+enjoying+the+fall+season.+
Pinterest
There are multiple different ways to go out and find your favorite ways of enjoying the fall season.

The fall season is filled with turning leaves, cooler weather, warm spices, and many ways of welcoming the new season. There are multiple ways to get into the fall spirit such as enjoying pumpkin-spice-flavored items, carving pumpkins, gathering with family, and millions of other ways. Teachers around YLHS have their special ways of enjoying the fall season.

Mr. Hipwell, a chemistry, biology, and physics teacher at YLHS has his favorite traditions of celebrating the fall season. To start, Mr. Hipwell has his favorite tradition of playing mini golf with his cousins after a big breakfast on Thanksgiving morning. There are multiple holidays associated with fall such as Halloween, Thanksgiving, Dia de Los Muertos, and many more! The fall season allows for many opportunities for family gatherings and get-togethers.

In addition, there are also multiple foods and different flavors associated with this special season. From pumpkin spice and apple cinnamon to salted caramel and cranberry, aromatic airs fill the fall atmosphere. Mr. Hipwell’s favorite fall-flavored foods mainly consist of those from Trader Joe’s and their seasonal fall-flavored snacks. However, Mr. Hipwell (Staff) states, “My all-time favorite fall snack would be the maple walnut biscotti from Trader Joe’s, despite the hundreds of pumpkin spice flavored items there are at Trader Joe’s.” 

I like Mr. Hipwell’s classroom because his candles make his classroom smell really good and it feels like I’m walking into my favorite store, Bath and Body Works, every time I go to fourth period.

— Avery Yang (10)

Mr. Hipwell enjoys giving his students special activities during the fall regarding different holidays. For example, one of his favorite activities is a Dia de Los Muertos sig figs practice with his chemistry students. In addition, he enjoys spreading fall vibes around his classroom by lighting different pumpkin spice or apple cinnamon-scented candles during class. Avery Yang (10) comments, “I like Mr. Hipwell’s classroom because his candles make his classroom smell really good and it feels like I’m walking into my favorite store, Bath and Body Works, every time I go to fourth period.”[/pullquote]“I like Mr. Hipwell’s classroom because his candles make his classroom smell really good and it feels like I’m walking into my favorite store, Bath and Body Works, every time I go to fourth period.”

To conclude, everyone has their traditions for celebrating the special season. Find out your favorite ways to enjoy the cool weather and turning leaves by visiting a pumpkin patch to experience the true fall feeling or taking a stroll around the neighborhood to enjoy all the different features of fall. Regardless, the fall season is coming to an end soon, and you should soak up the last moments of the season before a long winter approaches.