Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
Countdown

Unique Group Halloween Costumes

Sarah Richey
Sarah Richey and Alyssa Hernandez dressed up as girly pirates for Halloween in 2022.

As the season of ghosts and ghouls arrives, many teens search for a Halloween costume their entire friend group will love. “Trying to please everyone when choosing a group costume for Halloween is very difficult and time-consuming” (Mia Dorsman 11).

Trying to please everyone when choosing a group costume for Halloween is very difficult and time-consuming

— Mia Dorsman

But why settle for the same old witch costume when your group can stand out and be unique? From clever pop culture references to DIY masterpieces, these unique Halloween group costume ideas are sure to make a lasting impression.

Pirates of the Caribbean

Ahoy there matey! If you are looking for a Halloween costume that can be worn by both buccaneers and damsels, being a Pirate might be perrrrfect for your group! We will need all hands on deck for this DIY costume. To start off, grab a loose-fitting white shirt and layer a brown vest or waistcoat over. For bottoms, look out for a pair of distressed brown or black pants with a wide leather belt. Jack Sparrow embellished his outfits with a booty of jewelry, so add a statement necklace or rings to finish your look.

The Breakfast Club

This 80s-themed costume can be rocked by any high schooler with any clothing preference. The characters in The Breakfast Club have many different aesthetics. This includes grungy, preppy, sporty, nerdy, and gothic! So grab the whole gang because this costume surely doesn’t deserve a detention.

Phineas and Ferb

Ferb I know what we are gonna do today… dress up as the characters from Phineas and Ferb, the hit children’s show! In this easy DIY costume, you only need simple clothes you already have in your closet! No need to say where’s Perry, because you can dress up as the cute platypus. The varying characters require clothes such as different bright-colored shirts, different colored hair sprays, and simple pants. There might not be 104 days of Summer vacation, but your Halloween night will feel like one if you dress up as a group of Phineas and Ferb characters.

Subway Surfers

Surf through Halloween night dressed up as the Subway Surfers! This artistic and fashionable costume will have everyone jumping to take your photo. This group costume can be worn by anyone of any age, and with clothes you may possibly have around the house. To start off, grab a pair of baggy jeans or cargos and a red shirt. Then, pair that with a zip-up gray hoodie. To finish your look off, style a beanie or baseball cap and get to trick or treating! For a special addition, add silly-string in place of spray paint and spray your other Subway Surfer friends!

Remember, the key to a memorable Halloween costume is in the details. Perfect your makeup, accessories, and mannerisms to bring your character to life. And most importantly, have a spooktacular time celebrating the most hauntingly enjoyable holiday of the year!
Whether you’re into the creepy, cute, or comical, these teenage Halloween costume ideas offer something for every type of teen. So, let your imagination run wild, and get ready to steal the show this Halloween with your unique Halloween group costume!