Get Just a Bite Bakery!

Spotlight on a Student Business

Everyone loves a warm chocolate chip cookie, and for Senior Faith DeSio, it’s the process of making those delectable treats she enjoys the most. Get Just a Bite Bakery is DeSio’s newest business booming across YLHS. Students across the campus are raving about these cookies, so let’s see what all the hype is about!

In an exclusive interview with Faith, she explains her inspirations for her business. “In elementary school, I baked almost every week with my grandma when she would watch me after school. She taught me everything I know! She will always be a huge inspiration to me! Another inspiration is my boss at Nikki’s Kitchen, Nikki Ware. She is always positive, kind, and supportive. She has also taught me so much and helped me a lot!” says Faith DeSio (12). She decided to start her business in her junior year after her friends started to tell her that she should start selling her cookies. Every week, she would experiment in the kitchen and make a new type of cookie any week. 

She explains that her favorite thing to bake would be cookies, “specifically my s’mores cookies and chocolate chip cookies! The s’mores cookies always look so delicious when I take them out of the oven and sprinkle the topping on top!” You can order from her through her Instagram @getjustabite, email her at [email protected], or call or text her at +657-234-9331. 

My friends at school kept telling me that I should sell them and start my own business. More and more people kept telling me the same thing – I finally officially opened the shop in the middle of my junior year!

— Faith DeSio (12)

My personal favorite that I tried would be her pumpkin cookies and her s’mores cookies. The pumpkin cookies had a consistency similar to banana bread, and with the icing on top, it was unbeatable! The s’mores cookies were perfect, with a marshmallow melted on top. It was great after 20 seconds in the microwave because the chocolate and marshmallow would melt again. Even though oatmeal raisin is known as the “grandpa” of the cookie world, it was mind-blowing! I never thought anyone could pull this flavor off, but Faith did!

So the next time you are craving a warm, soft cookie with a chewy marshmallow on top, make sure to contact Faith Desio for a box!

View Comments (3)