YLHS Men’s Volleyball Season Has Approached!

Men’s Varsity Volleyball huddled together discussing their plan for the game. Photo Courtesy YLHSmensvolleyball.com

Hailee Ramirez, Photojournalist

Mustangs! It is that time of the year again, Men’s volleyball season. Men’s volleyball is a major athletic program at YLHS that consists of three different teams, which are varsity, junior varsity, and frosh-soph.  Daniel Hart is the head coach of varsity, second season of coaching YLHS, and currently the assistant coach at Vanguard University of Southern California . This athletic program requires dedicated athletes and hardworking students who are willing to give this sport their absolute all, including academics also. Obviously, you cannot try out for this sport if you are not passionate about it or do not plan on building passion for it. According to the men’s volleyball website, the program intends to build “skill, knowledge, confidence,  athletic performance, motivation, and a sense of pride”.  Even Mason Lindsey (10), an outside hitter and opposite on varsity, voices “We have been working really hard to improve and stay consistent; and our team connects well and a lot of the players are friends off the court”.

This season of men’s volleyball has approached very rapidly, but the mustangs are prepared and ready to tackle whatever comes against them no matter what. The men’s volleyball season officially began the 17th of March against Canyon high school. Of course, our hardworking mustangs won against Canyon by beating them in 3 sets out of 5. Before the official season began for the men’s varsity volleyball team, they scrimmaged against Servite high school and  ended up tied 2-2. The next game is going to be at home against Brea Olinda high school, which they hope to see a great turnout. All in all, their official season has exactly nine games left in their league. Furthermore, this is not including all of their several tournaments and ,of course, league and CIF. Mason Lindsey also states, “The whole entire team, including myself, are very positive that we can win league and go far into CIF”.

Furthermore, with all this focus on the court about winning, staying dedicated, and success. Evidently, it isn’t all about that, it is actually about building lifelong friendships and striving for a better future on and off the court. When tryouts first begin and athletes are put on teams, they are all basically strangers to each other. Nevertheless, at the end of the season they will become a heavily bonded family that sticks with each other and works well together through thick and thin. Clearly, the men’s volleyball program has approached and is going to be a great season, overall.