Krispy Kreme are coming to Kampus!

Photo credit to naacpbakersfield.com.

Photo credit to naacpbakersfield.com.

Evelyn Chan, A&E Editor

Kreme Filled, Original Glazed, Lemon Filled, and Chocolate Iced donuts from Krispy Kreme are coming to campus! From now through November 5th, YLHS Red Cross Club will be selling Krispy Kreme donuts to fundraise for their annual Children’s Safety Festival.

A donut will cost $1, and a dozen Original Glazed donuts will cost $10. Students will be able to order their donuts from Red Cross members with order forms, or they can text “@ylrcdonuts” to 81010. Simply text the thread expressing your interest in buying donuts and a Red Cross representative on the other end will walk you through the process! With the nearest Krispy Kreme over 20 minutes away, there’s no better way to get those beloved Krispy Kreme donuts. Moreover, the donuts sold through the fundraiser cost less than they do in store! It’s a win-win situation! Our fellow Mustangs are also starting to see the perks of this fundraiser. Chris Wu (11) says, “I think Krispy Kreme is one of the best doughnut companies around and Children’s Safety Festival is able to bring smiles to hundreds of kids this holiday season, so this really is the best fundraiser to participate in.”

Need another reason to buy delicious donuts? The cause Red Cross Club is fundraising for, Children’s Safety Festival, is it! Annually, the Orange County Red Cross Chapter in Santa Ana hosts a festival open to kids and families, where kids will be able to have fun and earn prizes at booths hosted by high schools all over Orange County. Moreover, the Orange County high school Red Cross Clubs will each be hosting their own toy drive, with the toys being handed out to kids who attend the festival. And of course, American Red Cross will be encouraging an educational experience – with booths such as Edison and Electrical Safety, Quake Cottage, compression CPR training, preparedness and earthquake drills, and a disaster kit scavenger hunt.

Red Cross Club members can access the order forms at ylhsredcrossclub.weebly.com under “Krispy Kreme Fundraiser” where specific intructions are also provided. Don’t forget, all order forms must be properly folded into an envelope and turned into room 319 by Thursday, November 5th at lunch!