How to Be Unapologetic about your Faith

Saddleback Church
People all come together to experience Jesus.

So many people struggle with being open about their Faith. I believe that it is extremely important to convey Jesus and His love to others, and that He is looking out for us and taking care of us everyday. Though one may be scared of backlash from others, it is important to remember that God is stronger and mightier than anyone or anything you face. Similarly, many people don’t talk about Him because they don’t think we should make Him involved in all parts of our lives. This is simply not true. God created our being to live out for Him, not for ourselves and others. This is why it is important to share the gospel with anyone and everyone, so they can be saved, as well. 

Sharing your faith with people may make you lose some friends. However, you will learn that they aren’t meant to be with you. We were all made specially by God and picked by Him, so we need to start acting like it and make God a part of our lives and as many others as we can. Though some people may try to shut you down, don’t lose hope because God’s message needs to be heard.

God is on your side and is watching you every step of the way. Ela Bupte (10) had told me how seeing others’ confidence has been able to influence her with her openness with her faith. She describes that people’s “confidence has given [her] more confidence to talk about God” and to do seemingly simple acts, such as telling people about her church. She feels so safe in God’s hands that now she can tell anyone about Him. 

other people’s confidence has given me more confidence to talk about God

— Ela Bupte (10)

God is present in all parts of our lives, for he sees everything. So, we should make sure we talk to Him about all parts of our lives. Creating a strong relationship with Christ will give you peace and will bring you everlasting love and hope. So, why wouldn’t we want to share that with the world?

Here are some simple acts you can do to spread the Gospel:

1. Leave notecards or post-it notes in books with messages or Bible verses on them. 
  2. Tell someone about God.
  3. Be kind, be like Jesus.
  4. Invite people to go to church with you
  5. Invite people to do a Bible study with you.
  6. Offer to pray for others who may be struggling.
  7. Share your testimony.
View Comments (3)