The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged)

Nathan Shube, Editor in Chief

I know what you’re thinking: “Shakespeare is boring, it’s too hard, it’s confusing.” Well I am proud to say you are very mistaken. What if I told you that the works of William Shakespeare are actually a lot easier than you think, all you have to do is “trim away the unsightly fat” from his “otherwise muscular body of works”? Once you break Shakespeare down, it’s hilarious and totally understandable for all audiences. At least that’s what the cast of The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged) thinks. The cast of Matthew Cyprien, Quentin Valencia, and myself (Nathan Shube) is proud to present the first fall play of this school year.

The show is exactly what it sounds like, all of Shakespeare’s plays in less than 100 minutes. It is absolutely hilarious, though granted it can be a little crude at times. Cast member Quentin Valencia (12) encourages students to “come see the show because it’s the greatest way to experience Shakespeare without actually experiencing Shakespeare.” Basically, the show consists of three guys who know little to nothing about Shakespeare’s plays trying to teach the audience all about them. It is very entertaining to watch. In truth, it’s Shakespeare for the masses! We rap, we cook, we play football, we run, we go forward, backwards, fast forward, we perform with accents, and so much more! We talk directly to the audience and the tech guys who light our show. We get audience volunteers and make sure that everyone is a part of the show.

Tickets are $10 and shows are Sept 24th-26th. Shows start at 7:00 pm in the Forum. On the 26th there is a dinner that must be paid for in advance that starts at 5:00. If you are on the fence about seeing the show, take a risk and come see it. It’s the hardest you will ever laugh at a play.