Soar to Success

Yeji Kim, Photojournalist

“ I think college education is important,” comments Tiffany Trisno (11). “ I don’t think anyone can survive in this crazily competitive world without a college degree.”

For many students who are in or approaching their last year of high school, wondering whether or not they should pursue a higher education at a college is a subject that weighs heavily on their minds. Although college is not necessarily for everyone, a college education is extremely valuable regardless of one’s future work plans.

Here are some of the reasons why students should continue an education beyond high school:

To Expand Knowledge and Skill Sets

In college, you will be exposed to a wide range of different subject areas, but you will also be able to study majors related to your future occupation. You can find out what you like and what you’re good at by taking courses in different fields that interest you. Also, getting a college education will help you increase your understanding of the world and develop lifelong skills, such as effective communication and wise decision-making.

More Job Opportunities

In today’s world, more and more jobs require higher education. With a college degree, you will boost your chances of employment in a satisfying career. A college education may also open doors to more job opportunities and greater promotions.

To Increase Your Earning Potential

Getting a college education will make a huge difference in your future salary and lifetime earnings. In addition to financial stability, a higher salary will allow you to provide for the people in your life.

To Make Connections

In college, you will make new friends and build relationships with people from different backgrounds and cultures. The network and connections you make in college will help you throughout your life.

College is not a waste of time and money. Make a wise decision and take an important step towards a better and brighter future!