Cinnamon, Spice, & Trader Joes’ Fall Paradise

Noelle Wu
Trader Joes’ “New Products” section features the latest foodie fall essentials.

Trader Joe’s: a name that may mean a grocery store, but also the all-encompassing food by the standards of the novelty and niche, it is an attribute that has scored the beloved chain a cult-like customer following. Specifically, seasonal items are some of the many fan favorites among avid customers, with no exception to the cozy season of autumn. Trader Joe’s flawlessly embraces every characteristic of fall for your average food connoisseur! Pumpkin, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, apple cider, pecan, maple, and chai are some of the defining fall flavors that Trader Joe’s incorporates in several new foods this 2023 fall season. 

The chilly autumn months always welcome warm pastries in hand to start (or end!) the day off sweet. Signature fall flavor – apple cider, meets classic confection – the donut, to concoct Trader Joe’s Apple Cider Donuts, homemade by a family-owned bakery in Massachusetts. These apple cider-flavored donuts are the real deal – Trader Joe’s provides some insight on the curation of these donuts and their natural components; “the Donuts get their moist, fluffy texture and slightly tangy flavor from real apple cider!” While the donut retains its delectability straight from the box, popping the sugary confection in the microwave for about 10-20 seconds produces a delicacy with a taste all too close to the likeness of autumn. Suppose Apple Cider is not the flavor for you. In that case, Apple Pumpkin Hand Pies, Maple Poffertjes, Pumpkin Ginger Scones, Molasses Cookies, Pumpkin Sticky Toffee Cakes, and Apple Cinnamon Buns can all be prepared in the same way and still be reminiscent of fall-like qualities that will get you in the mood for pumpkin carving and Gilmore Girls reruns!

Pastries are best enjoyed warm, especially during the fall season; it all adds to the warm, cozy feeling people get in autumn.

— Ela Bupte (10)

Known for its novel and niche snacks, Trader Joe’s upholds their impressive reputation by offering fall twists on some classic snacks, including:
Pumpkin Spiced Joe Joe’s, Maple Flavored Fudge, Pumpkin and Honeycrisp Apple Cinnamon Yogurts, Petit Pumpkin Spice Cookies, Honeycrisp Apple Granola, Pumpkin O’s, Salted Maple Ice Cream, Mini Maple Flavored Marshmallows, and Maple Spiced Nut Mix. These additions fill the shelves in the “New Products” section or next to their original counterparts. After all these savory and sweet fall additions, are you feeling thirsty? Well, luck bids you a greeting in the form of Trader Joe’s Non-Dairy Oat Beverage, Non-Dairy Maple Beverage, and Spiced Cider! A refreshing beverage may need to accompany your fall snack to wash it all down. The flavors of fall may be overwhelming at times. However, they are best enjoyed in moderation.

Trader Joe’s brings some classic and novel fall flavors to life in the dozens of new products prepared for the 2023 fall season. Check your local Trader Joe’s to try and enjoy some snacks and drinks that will provide that extra warmth to savor a cozy autumn essence!

View Comments (8)