Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
Countdown

Introduction To Fall Sports

Emma Perron
The football team running out for their game against Simi Valley (38-21 W).

Starting off the school year, Yorba Linda kicks off into their fall sports. Our fall sports are Cross Country, Football, Men’s Water Polo, Flag Football, Women’s Golf, Women’s Tennis, and Women’s Volleyball. All of our talented teams have put in so much effort to represent our school.

Our cross-country team is filled with highly talented men and women. They have shown grit and resilience in each race. They have prepared all summer, even spending a weekend in Big Bear to improve their performance. The cross-country team has a lot of talent to show for.

Returning CIF Champs, Yorba Linda’s Football team is ready for the 2023 season. Jeff Bailey (Football Coach) states, “I feel that the leaders we have and the young talent we can have a very successful season. We always have very high expectations here at Yorba Linda and this year is no different.” With some tough competition ahead of them, the boys team is ready for any challenge. The Stable is beyond excited to fill the bleachers in support of the football team!

We always have very high expectations here at Yorba Linda and this year is no different.

— Jeff Bailey (Coach)

The water polo team has a tough schedule, but the boys have been working hard and showing great potential. They have put in full effort, training during the summer at school or the beach, preparing for this season. This team has adjusted to a new team, creating a great dynamic amongst each other.

A new sport here on campus, Flag Football, has created a team full of hardworking, talented girls. It was a tough adjustment for the girls, all working together for the first time. However, they have put in the practice and effort to be able to work cohesively on the field. We are excited to see how they do this season!

Although an individual sport, the Women’s Golf team still manages to create a strong bond between each other. They constantly encourage and push each other, but still know how to have fun. They are full of talent that could lead the individuals into CIF this year.

Women’s Tennis always has such talented players on their team. With a lot of new varsity players, the team shows a lot of young talent ahead for this season. They are goal-oriented and are constantly working to improve their game. We are so excited to see what they can do this year!

The women’s volleyball team is coming back from a successful season, making it to round 2 of CIF last year. They are led by team captains, Makayla Gates (12), Delaney Renaud (12), and Taylor Ditmar (11). The team has shown great efforts and we’re excited to see how this season goes!

Best of luck to all of our fall sports. Everyone has worked so hard and shown true sportsmanship. The Stable is excited to come out and support our teams, we are so proud of everyone!

View Comments (2)