Summer Flicks!

The Summer I turned Pretty Season 2 TV Show cover.

Simran Vaswani, PhotoJournalist

Summer entails what every student looks forward to–even from the beginning of the year–going to the beach, spending time in the sun, and hanging out with their friends and family. Yet what many are looking forward to this summer are all the amazing TV shows and movies that are premiering! Many shows left us on a cliffhanger like The Summer I Turned Pretty. Other shows like Never Have I Ever are concluding with a final season. Some movies coming out are said to bring the movie industry back like Barbie

Never Have I Ever tells the story of Devi, a young Indian girl who explains her experiences in highschool. Lili Sebestyen (10) says that “I am most excited to see what happens in Never Have I Ever. I am invested in seeing what happens next in Devi’s life, and I can’t wait for the next season!” 

I am most excited to see what happens in Never Have I Ever. I am invested in seeing what happens next in Devi’s life, and I can’t wait for the next season!

— Lili Sebestyen

Yet everyone is raving about the show The Summer I Turned Pretty. This show follows the story of Belly who is spending her summer in the small town Cousins. After her recent glow up she wants to be noticed by her family friend Conrad Fisher, and tries to gain his attention with her new look. Drama begins to stir and Belly starts to lose hope. This next season is set to come out on July 14th, with weekly episodes. Savannah Cheng (9) explains “I wish it didn’t come out weekly, I mean should I save it all for the end? Or should I watch it weekly?” 

Some movies coming out in summer of 2023 are Haunted Mansion, Blue Beetle, Insidious: The Red Door, and The Meg 2. Haunted Mansion is a comedy movie about a woman and her son and their “spiritual encounters”. Blue Beetle is a DC movie (sorry Marvel fans) about a boy (Xolo Maridueña) who comes in possession of an ancient relic that gives him powers. This is premiering on August 18th and you don’t want to miss it! Insidious: The Red Door tells the story of a man who drops his son to college. Yet, unlike most college experiences, demons of his past enter his dorm and haunt his life, turning it into a living nightmare! The movie I am most excited for would be The Meg 2. The Meg 2 is about a man who goes mining as an oceanographer, but unlike most mining crews, they experience a colossal prehistoric shark that would change their view on the ocean forever.

All of these shows look amazing! I cannot wait to go to the local Regal theater and watch some movies with my friends! Have a great summer Mustangs!