Schedule Your Senior Trip

Courtesy of The Dyrt

One idea for a senior trip is to take a road trip and visit California’s national parks.

Tiana Salisbury, Editor

For many high school seniors, there will not be much time to spend quality time with friends following the summer after graduation. Friend groups may be separated across the country as friends move away for college. To make the most out of the summer, what better idea than to plan a senior trip? A vacation with friends can be a great way to make lasting memories one last time before college! Here are a few ideas to help you get thinking:

1. Camping

If you have a tent and sleeping bags, you might want to consider a camping trip with your friends! When camping, you and your friends can explore the outdoors, reminisce about your high school memories, and make some delicious smores. There are a few amazing camping spots in Southern California, including Joshua Tree National Park, South Carlsbad State Beach Campground, and Catalina Island. If you’re not interested in traveling to a campsite, you can set up a tent in your backyard and set up a projector to watch some movies under the stars.

2. Cruise

Going on a cruise can be a great way to spend your summer; cruise ships provide guests with rooms, food, and activities to indulge in while sailing to picturesque destinations. Many cruises leave from local ports, such as the Port of Los Angeles World Cruise Center and the Port of Long Beach, and sail to ports like Catalina Island, Mexico, and San Diego. Just note that guests under 21 must be accompanied by someone over 21, meaning that a group of 18-year-olds can’t book a room by themselves. Piper Guyton (12) shares that she is planning a cruise with her friends this summer, and she is “most excited about traveling to a new place with [her] friends!”

I am planning a cruise with my friends this summer, and I’m most excited about traveling to a new place with my friends!

— Piper Guyton (12)

3. College Tour

If you and your friends are going to the same college, it would be fun to visit together. This is especially helpful if the school is in an unfamiliar area, as visiting before the school year allows for more time to explore the college town. Whether the trip is for orientation or just for fun, there is no harm in visiting to envision what your future college life will look like.

4. Road Trip

As a classic idea for a senior trip, a road trip is an amazing idea for friends to explore local sites. Pack your favorite snacks and some comfy clothing since there may be long drives between destinations. You can take a road trip virtually anywhere, but some relatively local ideas include driving to some of California’s national parks or driving along Pacific Coast Highway while passing by the state’s beautiful beaches.