What Seniors Have To Look Forward For In 2023

Senior Shridhi Seth from the Yorba Linda High School graduating class of 2023.

Simran Vaswani, PhotoJournalist

The end of the year is what every high school student looks forward to. Freshmen finish their first year, and seniors finish their last. Regardless of your grade level, there are always fun events to look forward to at the end of the year. For example, our seniors and juniors get to experience prom, a night full of dancing and making memories. Ashley Lee (12) says that she is very excited for prom. “As a senior, this year’s homecoming was my first dance which was a lot of fun, so I can’t wait for prom!” 

Here is what else our current class of 2023 has to say!

Shridhi Seth is a Senior at Yorba Linda High School and is a member of our Women’s Varsity Tennis Team. She is also the vice president of the National Honors Society. Shridhi is most excited for all of the fun end of year senior activities and “being able to spend time with my friends without the constant pressure of school. I can’t wait to make the most of the time I have with them before we all leave for college”. The event she is most excited for is Disneyland because “it’s been so long since I’ve been and I know it’s going to be fun [to go] with my friends.” However the end of the year is a little nerve-wracking for us all. Shridhi also says that she is a “little nervous because it’s a big transition, especially if you’re going to a college farther away.  But at the same time, I’m ready to move on to this next phase of my life and be a part of new experiences.”

Ashley Lee is also a senior at Yorba Linda High School and is our PTSA student leadership vice president, NHS publicist, Saving Our Planet club president and the captain of our Women’s Varsity Tennis Team.  She is most excited for the senior events week at the end of the year because “we have a lot of fun activities and festivities to go to with our classmates [but]  I’m most excited for the senior Disneyland trip and grad night! ”. Leaving high school is tough for us and it is hard to go to college and experience thing’s on your own, but there are also upsides, and college can be seen as an opportunity to learn more and gain connections. “I am very nervous about leaving high school and sad to be parting ways with my friends. I also look forward to beginning the next chapter of my life. I hope to keep in touch with my high school friends, make many memories this year, and be able to have a fulfilling college experience.”

YLHS was an amazing home for the past 4 years; however, towards the end of the year my core memories came from all the senior activities that took place over the past few months such as: Senior Breakfast, Senior Awards, Disneyland and Grad night.

— Diya Shah

Diya Shah, an alumni of YLHS and current student of the University of California Berkeley says that “YLHS was an amazing home for the past 4 years; however, towards the end of the year my core memories came from all the senior activities that took place over the past few months such as: Senior Breakfast, Senior Awards, Disneyland and Grad night.”

We are so proud of our seniors, and are excited for them to continue on to this new path in their lives!