Fall Sports Recap

Our+fall+teams+gave+it+their+all+this+fall+season+and+they+crushed+it+all+around.+

Emma Perron

Our fall teams gave it their all this fall season and they crushed it all around.

Emma Perron, Editor

As Winter Sports approaches, it is good to look back on how talented and hardworking our fall sports were. At Yorba Linda High School, our fall sports team worked all summer long to prepare for their seasons, to be ready to dominate and play to the best they could. 

YLHS Women’s Volleyball had a great season on all levels. They prepared and worked all summer in the gym to prepare to kill it in season. From Frosh to JV to Varsity, all the women finished the task. They undoubtedly played their hearts out and made it a great season to remember. Additionally, varsity headed to CIF round 1 and won, leading them to round 2, but sadly they lost. They had a great run in their season. 

The next sport, women’s golf, had very talented athletes who competed at a high level. Golf is more about individuals than teams, but these women pushed each other and helped each other be the best they could on the putting green. They had an incredible season that led them to CIF to represent their school and be proud of their hard work.

Water polo is a challenging sport and requires much training; they worked all summer in the pool and on land. Their season was not over-the-top excellent, but they dominated a few games showing their power. With many seniors leaving last year, only a few returning players were on varsity. Water polo had to make a new team, and water polo pushed themselves, worked hard, and became like one big family. 

One, two, or a whole team is required for this sport; the tennis team dominates on the court. People playing singles matches or duos always crushed their opponents. With captain Ashley Lee (12) and Olivia Yackey (12), they pushed their women to do the best of their ability, and the hard work gave them an opportunity in CIF. They made a run for themself but sadly lost a few games. Olivia Yackey (12) states, “it is a lot to come into school with a sport, but I wouldn’t trade the tennis team for anything.” Our YLHS Tennis program knew what needed to be done and did the job. 

This team never disappoints with men and women, which is cross country. Our cross-country program shows dedication and love for a sport. Every year the team improves and shows off its new and returning athletes. With light conditioning to hardcore workout days, they are well-trained for any course that comes their way. Some women and men made it to CIF, and some even went to compete in the state. 

Our last sports are a package that is always together. Cheer and song have been at every game, far and away, for our YLHS Football team. The iconic dances, stunts, and cheers make every game better and more enjoyable.

Last off is our football team; they had an incredible season. With another undefeated season, becoming D3 CIF Champions, and going to regionals, they were satisfied with the countless days of practices and film payoff for everything they have dreamed and worked for. 

Congratulations to our fall sports. You have all worked for these rewards and success in your season. Yorba Linda High School could not be proud of you.