Looking for the Best SAT Study Site? Click In!

CollegeXpress

Many SAT study tools cost a lot of money. In Wrangler, you can find free SAT prep resources that will save you the effort of looking them up online.

Cynthia Lan, Photojournalist

The SAT has always been a necessary test that high school students have had to take since 1926. Although, “more than two-thirds of colleges and universities won’t require the SAT for 2022 admission,” many students still want to have an SAT score to make them more eligible and competitive for admission to college (19thnews.org). The beginning is always the hardest because students may know their goal for the SAT test, but they may be confused about where to start and which resources they should use. In this article, there are ten recommended, useful, and professional SAT test preparation resource websites for students who are starting to prepare for the SAT test.

College Board: There are a lot of SAT test resources in College Board. The questions are more basic and suitable for candidates to do daily training, and there are official mock test questions.

SAT Practice and Preparation + SAT Study Guide: According to College Board, these websites “will tell you exactly what to expect on test day. You’ll find practice tips, test-taking strategies, sample questions, and more. Practice tests are also available online so you can simulate test day and figure out how to focus your SAT study” (College Board).

Khan Academy: Mostly everybody knows Khan Academy. This website collects more than 3500 teaching videos of Khan Academy teachers through the online library, which is not only free but also has complete test materials, and the quantity and quality are truly high.

Test English: This website has very clear resources for preparing for the test. It is divided into listening, reading, writing, grammar, and other modules, which are divided into modules and special learning.

Ivy Global’s SAT Practice Test: As described by Ivy Global, this is a “one-stop resource for all of your SAT/ACT/PSAT study needs” (prep.ivyglobal.com).

Number2.com: This website has an exercise every day, as well as some SAT vocabulary learning. Students might as well treat it as a daily game.

Higher Scores Test Prep: this website has online tests about SAT and ACT. The data is very comprehensive, and you can also watch a video teaching about the SAT at any time.

PrepScholar: If you are looking for an SAT learning guide, Prep Scholar has published a comprehensive reproduction course. The guide starts with the basic knowledge and answers, “What is an SAT test?” And “What are the four parts of the exam?” and then expands into more complex questions.

The Critical Reader : This website was founded by a professional exam tutor who published a series of preparation books and free SAT preparation resources. Students can participate in the reproduction test and read the comprehensive subdivision of SAT and ACT grammar rules. Interestingly, the website also maintains a comprehensive list of resources, including publications such as National Geographic, historical documents such as the Federalist Documents, and books of famous writers such as Inter-Austin.

Varsity Tutors: Varsity Tutors has set up a free SAT preparatory course online, which takes the form of distance learning, which means that students can participate on Zoom. The preparatory course lasts for two weeks, and students participate three times a week, covering the content and strategy of the four parts of the SAT. In addition, students who sign up for this course can use the mobile preparation application, SAT practice exams, and adaptive assessment tools that provide personalized learning plans.

Regarding these websites being free, I would be able to use them to practice as much as I needed.

— Megan Wang (9)

.

Take to heart that all these websites are good helpers, but while they can support you to prepare for the test, it’s still necessary to work diligently because you will not have these resources when taking the actual SAT exam. Megan Wang (9) appreciates all of the free resources online, saying “Regarding these websites being free, I would be able to use them to practice as much as I needed.” Recall the words from the American poet Kenneth Goldsmith, “If you work on something a little bit every day, you end up with something that is massive.” Just as he says, your efforts to prepare for the SAT and using these websites for help will help with your success.