Emma Perron Photography: I owe it all to YLHS

The+beginning+of+football+season+the+sunsets+were+amazing+before+every+game+and+it+was+the+perfect+setting+for+a+Friday+night.+
Emma Perron
The beginning of football season the sunsets were amazing before every game and it was the perfect setting for a Friday night.

In high school, I spent time in yearbooks, newspapers, and soccer. These three programs were my life and where I spent all my time. As the editor-in-chief of the yearbook, I took many photos and edited all the pages.

While in this class, I learned my love and passion for photography, which developed into my hobby and job. In my junior year, I was at every YLHS Varsity Football game. I was taking photos for the yearbook, but the team ended up loving my photos, so I started attending every game. It made me believe I was good at what I did, and I found my love for sports photography. At YLHS, I took every chance I had to take photos of sports.

After my exposure to sports photography, people started hiring me for senior photos and other sports. This was when photography finally started as my job and was not something I did just because. Photography is my favorite thing, and I have started a successful business.

Right before senior year, YLHS Football called me and hired me as their photographer for the 2023-2024 season. My dream had finally come true, and I was beyond excited to start this chapter in my life. YLHS Football trusted me and allowed me to capture all their memories from their season. Every game, my photos got better, and I improved. I am sad to be leaving this job because it was my dream job; however, it is time to move on to college.

On my Instagram, I posted a recap of my job, and this is what I said: “A huge thank you to Coach Bailey and his coaching staff for always making me feel welcome down on the field and allowing me to capture your season. Thank you to the Yorba Linda Football boosters, players, and parents for always being kind and trusting me. This experience of being YLHS football’s photographer for the 2023 season will be one I will remember forever. Last year, I was at every game for the “yearbook,” but this year, it changed into my job, but I never looked at it like that. This experience brought me happiness, a lifetime of memories, friendships, and a family. My Thursdays & Fridays were spent photographing football, and my Saturdays/Sundays were spent editing football pictures, but I wouldn’t have had it any other way. Not only was I the varsity photographer, but I was also the photographer for the freshman team. The freshman team showed me nothing but kindness & love, and I met some of the sweetest kids. They will always have a special place in my heart. This was the highlight of my time in high school. I will cherish this experience for the rest of my life and will cheer you guys on in the future. I love you, YLHS Football; a piece of my heart belongs to you, and thank you for making my dream come true.”

Many started hiring me to take their senior photos after my football job. I love portrait photography, and it allows me to showcase my creativity. I loved my time during my senior sessions. I had 21 sessions, which allowed me to grow as a photographer and gave me a chance to grow my business.

I have named my business Emma Perron Photography and have been running it for about two years. I loved my job, and I am forever grateful for everything I have learned and the opportunities given to me.