How to Spend the Perfect Beach Day in Orange County

The beach lines up against a city full of happy people, restaurants, and shopping
Wikipedia

As summer approaches, people around the world tap impatiently on their desks for their class or work to end. People daydream about the sun warming their skin and the water, a refreshing alternative to the heat. Icy drinks and sunglasses are seen everywhere one may go. Smiles, tanned skin, and happiness is shown all around. People blast music with the windows down as they drive down the coast. Summer is a time that most people find incredible joy in and find themselves with more freetime. The beach is a summer staple. When I tell you to think of summer, most people would think of a beach, the sea sparkling reflecting the cloudless sky and bright sun. Beach days are some of the best days of summer. Here are some tips to get a perfect day at the beach.

Some of my favorite beaches in Orange County are Newport, Laguna, Huntington, and Crystal Cove State Park. Newport is stunning, the picture of wealth and cleanliness. High end shops and restaurants scattered throughout the city. It is a very nice city and a beautiful place to spend the day. It’s the perfect balance between activities and relaxation. Laguna is one of my favorite places to hang out. It’s a beautiful drive and there are endless things to do. The beach isn’t my favorite if I were to want a relaxing day to lay out, but it is definitely action packed. It’s always crowded with people hanging out, playing volleyball, riding bikes, and walking down the beach. Across the street from the beach is a whole world of stores and fantastic restaurants. Art galleries and boutiques line the street for miles. Crystal Cove is the place to go for a relaxing day at the beach. It usually is less crowded because it is less known, but there are no shops within walking distance. It is a very clean beach because it is a state park and a great place to lay on the beach. Huntington is not as nice of a beach as the other three, but it is still beautiful. It’s probably my last pick of the four, but it is a perfect place to have a bonfire at the end of the day since there are firepits lined up on the beach.

If you go to Crystal Cove, there is an amazing restaurant on the beach called the Beachcomber. The food is amazing and the location is even better. Along Laguna, there are hundreds of options to choose from, but the rooftop bar is one of my favorites to watch the sunset. Nick’s is also one of my favorite restaurants and truly has some of the best food I have ever tasted. In Newport, there are also endless options. Fashion Island has many good restaurants and shops as well. 

I like to bring soda and relax on the beach

— Emma Reiss

Make sure to bring towels, chairs, umbrellas, snacks, and maybe even a book. Emma Reiss claims that she likes to “bring soda and relax on the beach. There is always something else that pops up to do.” Even if you’re not prepared, the beach has so many things to do and is so beautiful that you’re bound to have a good time.