Holiday Checklist

Holiday Checklist

East Lake hosts a festive boat parade each year

Frank D'Amato

Frank D'Amato

Frank D'Amato

Mabel Ra, Editor

With the weather getting colder and the nights getting longer, there’s so much to do during your weekends and winter breaks! Here’s a list of some ideas to do with your friends, family, and more!

Irvine Spectrum Ice Skating

Each year, Irvine Spectrum, a popular outlet for entertainment, dining, and shopping, hosts an ice skating rink, where you and your group can ice skate outside, under the stars! Each Thursday, if you dress up to their weekly theme, you will receive $5 off your ticket. The ice skating rink is open for only select times, so make sure to confirm the times before going. The dates the ice rink is open for the public is only for a limited time, and the last day to go is January 6, 2019. Happy skating!

East Lake Boat Parade

The East Lake Boat Parade is a popular treat among Yorba Linda neighbors. As houses and neighborhoods begin decorating their houses with Christmas decorations, East Lake houses not only decorate their houses with extreme festivities, but they also decorate their boats. During specified dates, the East Lake Village Community Association hosts the Holiday of Lights Boat Parade where you can enjoy watching boats float across the water while enjoying the various food trucks.

Sawdust Art & Craft Festival Winter Fantasy

Sawdust Art Festival is known for its contributions to local arts departments. During the winter time, they host the Winter Fantasy, where in addition to highlighting different artists, people can gather to take pictures, eat, shop, and participate in activities. The events that are held vary from watching glass blowing demos to seeing puppet shows and balloon acts. There is live music performances and entertainment, so make sure to stop by at Sawdust’s Winter Fantasy soon, located in Laguna Beach.  Juliette Fournier (12) attended the festival last year and recalls it as a “beautiful and memorable experience.”

Irvine Park Railroad

The annual Irvine Park Railroad Christmas Train is here and will be open until December 23, 2018! Here, you can take a ride under the night sky to meet and take pictures with Santa Claus. Besides the train and Santa, you can also participate in several different activities, including cookie decorating, moon bounce, blizzard ball, Rudolph racing, and more.  Santa’s Village is open 7 days a week and the park opens daily at 10AM.

With all of the action and holiday cheer around Orange County, having a spectacular holiday season is an easily attainable feat! Have a happy Winter Break, and enjoy spending some time celebrating the holidays and having quality time with your loved ones!

Mabel Ra, Section Editor

Mabel Ra is a current senior at Yorba Linda High School. As she approaches her last year at YLHS, she has notably dedicated her time to the Wrangler Newspaper...