Oklahoma!—The Yorba Linda High School Production

+Both+farmers+and+cowboys+dance+together+in+this+classic+musical+at+Yorba+Linda+High+School.+%0A
Janvi Kheni
Both farmers and cowboys dance together in this classic musical at Yorba Linda High School.

“Oklahoma!” transports audience members to the farmland of the early 20th century in America. The plot follows a young adult, Laurey Williams, and her conflicts with cowboy Curly McClain. Laurey is a dreamer but is grounded by her Aunt Eller who keeps her safe and civilized on the ranch. The hired ranch hand, Jud Fry, is in love with Laurey as well. Who will Laurey choose? Will she listen to her heart or her mind? With music by Richard Rodgers and lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein II, this masterpiece of a musical showcases a rich variety of emotions, from heartwarming romance to upbeat dance numbers. Come see “Oklahoma!” in the Forum Theatre on March 22nd, 23rd, 28th, 29th, and 30th at 7PM and 30th at 2PM to find out!

(I’m) extremely happy with all of the effort we put into it to make it great!

— Sam Davis (12)

The show is directed by Yorba Linda High School Theatre director, Cathy Petz, and musically directed by Nick Bravo. Everyone who got the opportunity to be a part of this beautiful musical works hard every single day to make it the best show possible. Being a part of theatre is more than getting to perform. Being in theatre is about developing strong relationships with your cast mates and working hard together as a family to bring a production to life. “I am very sad that this is my last show at YLHS, but extremely happy with all of the effort we put into it to make it great!” (Sam Davis). Sam is a senior, so this will be the last time she gets to be a part of a musical at Yorba Linda High School. “I will certainly miss performing with all of my friends when I leave” (Sam Davis).

Oklahoma is the perfect musical to bring all of your family and friends to because it is family-friendly and has something for everyone. Oklahoma is the show for you, whether you are into thrilling romance stories, western attire, exciting stage combat, or classically beautiful songs. 

Tickets for “Oklahoma!” at Yorba Linda High School are now available for purchase online at ylhstheatre.org. Don’t miss your chance to witness this extraordinary production brought to life by the talented theatre students of Yorba Linda High School. Get your friends and family, and join us for an evening of laughter, romance, and toe-tapping fun! Mark your calendars, wear your cowboy hats, and prepare to be amazed by Mustang Theatre Company’s production of “Oklahoma!”