Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
Countdown

Yorba Linda High School’s 15th Anniversary

Emma Perron
Desserts provided by the school’s culinary program in honor of 15 years of Yorba Linda High School!

On March 15, 2009, our very own Yorba Linda High School was born! This year will mark the 15th anniversary of the school. This is an amazing milestone as the school continues to improve: YLHS has excelled academically, artistically, and athletically.

The students and staff celebrated in the quad with performances from the band, color guard, song, and cheer. Cupcakes and cakes were also baked by the school’s specialized culinary program. The quad was decorated in the school’s colors: navy, crimson, and silver. The Mustangs crowded around the quad to celebrate. The current principal, Dr Dinh (S), has been part of the staff for 7 years, and he shares the same Mustang pride as all the staff and students; he shared, “The future of YLHS is bright. We have a very supportive community that values education. The high standards for academics and a well-rounded education will always be a priority for YLHS.” He led the school spirit in the quad by showing his enthusiasm for the school’s milestone. Additionally, in students’ 3rd-period class, they were given sheets for a time capsule. It asked about a favorite memory at school and advice for future students. Students expressed strong excitement to celebrate the school’s anniversary!

The future of YLHS is bright. We have a very supportive community that values education. The high standards for academics and a well-rounded education will always be a priority for YLHS.

— Dr. Dinh

Since the building of Yorba Linda, the school has made major improvements to the campus, education, arts, and athletics. In fact, the school originally only had portable classrooms, but over the years, beautiful buildings have stood tall on the school grounds. The school has proven itself as a good choice for students in the district. We offer two specialized programs at YLHS–the business academy and culinary arts. No other school in the Placentia-Yorba Linda district has these programs. Also, the students demonstrate academic excellence; YLHS has one of the highest AP test passing rates and graduation rates in the district. Our school offers many different forms of art, ranging from drawing to video production. One of the first teachers on campus, Mr. Garcia (S), shares his excitement for the school, “Over the years, we have seen a rollercoaster of highs and lows. We have celebrated triumphs and we have helped each other through our defeats.” As the band teacher on campus, he is behind the scenes of a lot of school events: football games, school rallies, and local performances. Last but not least, the school is filled with hundreds of student-athletes. As of this year, the school implemented a girls’ flag football team, which one of the many spectacular additions to our athletics program.

Clearly, the school has gone through many changes over the 15 years, but the school still maintains the same values. The students and staff will continue “Running with the S.T.A.M.P.E.D.E” for many more years to come. This phrase holds strong within school ideals as it stands for service, teamwork, achievement, mastery, passion, ethics, dedication, and excellence.

Happy Birthday to Yorba Linda High School! It’s time to celebrate and acknowledge the school in its entirety. 15 years is amazing, and there will be many more to come.