Student Spotlight: Jeffrey Tran

Jeffrey+Tran

Jeffrey Tran

Bita Zadeh, Photojournalist

With his Junior year coming to an end, Jeffrey Tran’s high school achievements are still above and beyond impressive. With his amazing passion for everything he does and his driven personality, Jeffrey can truly do anything he wants to do. So far during his high school career, he has accomplished plenty and despite being a stressful time, it further proves that there is nothing Jeff cannot accomplish.

Jeffrey is a very bright and hardworking student. His workload is very heavy and SAT practice takes up plenty of his time, but he puts his mind to what he needs to do and gets it done. He is currently excelling in all of his AP classes, as hard as they may be, which shows that he is very dedicated. Jeff’s drive to do well in everything has kept him with impressive grades and an above average GPA of 4.2.

Where Jeffrey really shines is with his generosity and care for the community. Jeff volunteers 3 times a week at 2 different places. He volunteers at “Big Brother” and acts as a mentor for one child chosen to be his “little brother”. He also works at the Blind Children’s Learning Center, where he helps blind children with homework, projects, or just talks to them to help them feel like they are in a safe place.

In the future, Jeffrey aims to attend UCI and major in business? That has been his dream for as long as he can remember and he will do anything to make that dream a reality. “Jeff has always done everything he can to reach his goals”, says Jacob Padgett (11).

Jeffrey Tran is a great student, outstanding photographer, devoted friend, and so much more. He is prepared and excited for the next two years at YLHS and keeping up with all his classes and well as continuing his passion for photography. He excels both in school and outside of school, and he is headed in the right direction for the future.