Fun Things To Do Over The Weekend

The movie theater presents two buckets of popcorn, a good movie, and fun memories
Axios

As the school week drags on, students sit at their desks watching the clock tick and twisting their pencils between their teeth in emancipation of the bell each day, six times a day. The relief of the final bell each Friday is a feeling like no other. The weight of exams, presentations, and homework assignments is finally given a bit of relief and the stress of worrying about schoolwork is pushed until next monday. The weekend is a blessing: a time off of school to do whatever your heart wishes. It really is up to you how you spend your weekend. It’s a great option to relax on the couch with popcorn and a good show. It’s alright to spend your weekend in your bed scrolling through social media. However, many students look at this break as an opportunity to be able to go places that they wouldn’t be able to go to on a regular school day. If you find yourself dressed and ready for the day, sitting on the couch bored with no place to be, this article is for you. Here are some fun places to go on a regular weekend. 

First, the movie theater is a classic weekend activity. Invite friends, family, or go by yourself; either way, it is a great excuse to get out of the house. Emma Reiss (12) claims that she is excited to “see the second Dune movie, when it comes out soon in theaters.” Dune is the sequel to a popular movie that came out a couple of years ago. I don’t want to give any spoilers, but it’s slow, confusing, and a cinematic masterpiece. It’s worth watching in my opinion. Popcorn, candy, a Pepsi and a movie is a perfect way to spend a couple hours on the weekend, especially when it’s raining. 

I am excited to see the the second Dune movie, when it comes out in theaters

— Emma Reiss

Next, visit a new coffee shop. Whether you like coffee or not, coffee shops are a welcoming and comfortable environment that is great for bonding. Catch up with a friend or family member, grab a delicious drink, or sit down and start talking, and the hours will feel like minutes. Good memories and laughs are created in the environments that coffee shops create. Rainy day or sunny, a cozy place like this can warm any heart. 

There are countless things to do over the weekend, even in a sleepy town like Yorba Linda. You might just have to think out of the box. The movie theater and coffee shops are obvious and classic locations, but there are many others. For example, pick up lunch and bring it to a nearby park. Take a drive through carbon canyon and walk around in the shops. Take a trip to the mall, bowling alley, or golf course. Invite friends over to bake, bike, swim, or just talk. Go to the beach. Even driving around aimlessly with the windows down on a perfect sunny day is something to do; plus, you will probably end up finding somewhere to go. I hope I helped some of you find something that interests you for the weekends. Make the most of the time you have Mustangs!