Student Spotlight: Jacob Padgett

Jacob Padgett; photo courtesy of Rianna Patel (11)

Bita Zadeh, Photojournalist

With his junior year just beginning, Jacob Padgett’s High School achievements are already above and beyond impressive. With his amazing passion in everything he does and his driven personality, Jacob can truly do anything he wants to do. So far, during his high school career, he has accomplished plenty and it has been very stressful, but there is nothing that Jacob cannot accomplish.

Jacob is a very bright and hardworking student. His workload is very heavy and sports take up plenty of his time, but he puts his mind to what he needs to do and gets it done. He is currently excelling in all of his AP classes, as hard as they may be, which shows that he is very dedicated. Jacob’s drive to do well in everything has kept him with impressive grades and an above average GPA of 4.1.

Jacob is currently a member of the Junior Ducks hockey team outside of school. He has been playing since he was 4 years old and has grown to become one of the star players on his team. Jacob and his team have traveled nationwide for tournaments and championships and they are actually in Minnesota right now for a tournament. Jacob explained that his coach, Mike Perkins, has been very strict and has put a lot of pressure on him throughout the years, but all the hard work has been worth it. Jacob’s team is now #4 in the nation.

In the future, Jacob aims to attend an Ivy League school and major in business. That has been his dream for as long as he can remember and he will do anything to make that dream a reality. “Jacob has always done everything he can to reach his goals”, says Jeffrey Tran (11), one of Jacob’s closest friends.

Jacob Padgett is a great student, outstanding athlete, loyal friend, and so much more. He is prepared and excited for his next two years at YLHS and keeping up with all his classes and well as continuing his passion for hockey. He shines both in school and outside of school, and he is headed in the right direction for a great future.