The Holiday Season in Yorba Linda

The Christmas spirit in Yorba Linda is more prevalent than ever. Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all that celebrate.
Orange County Register

The holiday season is amidst in Yorba Linda: the cold and rainy weather has arrived, the Christmas lights are up, and winter break is right around the corner. As many look forward to the holidays to relax, hang out with friends, and spend time with family, many activities in Yorba Linda and Placentia are worth seeing and visiting.

One of the more popular events is the lighting of houses at Eastlake Village. Many people know the lights in Eastlake Village are a great family festivity, and many find it enjoyable viewing the intricate holiday decor and taking pictures with the inflatable snowman and inflatable Santas. This tradition of lighting up the Village continues the long-standing tradition of decorating for the Christmas season. Christmas decorations have been around since the 5th century B.C. the tradition has been around in America since the 1830s. “My favorite time of the year is when everyone that lives in Eastlake puts up their lights. My friends and I love driving around and taking pictures together. It definitely is something really memorable since it only happens once a year. Everyone that lives in or around Yorba Linda should go see the lights at least once during the holiday season,” says Chloe Skagen (12)

My favorite time of the year is when everyone that lives in Eastlake puts up their lights. My friends and I love driving around and taking pictures together. It definitely is something really memorable since it only happens once a year. Everyone that lives in or around Yorba Linda should go see the lights at least once during the holiday season.

— Chloe Skagen (12).

The Christmas tree farm is an essential place to be before Christmas. Whether with family or friends, tree shopping is a fun outdoor winter activity where everyone can walk through, drink hot chocolate, and bond with one another.

For the first time since 2018, the movie “Grinch” is in theaters again from November 21-December 31. This is a great way to relive childhood memories in theaters as if it is the first time. While in select theaters, AMC offers this movie at the “Fullerton Dine In.” “The Grinch is one of the best Christmas movies released. It is a classic. I went and watched the movie in theaters with my friends; it was so much fun. We felt like kids again excited for the new Christmas movie that came out,” shares Alexis Payan (12).

If you are a resident of Yorba Linda and plan to have some downtime during your Christmas break and the holiday season, here are some ideas to help continue spreading the Christmas joy and spirit. Happy holidays and a wonderful Christmas season to you and your family!