2024 New Year’s Resolutions

Over the winter break, spend some time writing down your New Year’s resolutions for 2024.

The year is coming to an end, and with that, it is important to look ahead into 2024. Many times, people get caught up in the holidays and before they know it, New Year’s has arrived. I encourage you to set aside time during winter break to plan out your resolutions for the new year. Doing so not only allows you to reflect on this past year but also to step into 2024 with a goal in mind. 

Before you decide on your resolutions, think about your life this past year and what you have achieved. Did you make new friends? Have you picked up a new hobby? These questions can help provide insight into what you are looking to achieve or improve on this upcoming year. If you have had a fulfilling year, maybe you simply want to ensure that you continue good habits or try something new in 2024.

“I like to put my goals down on paper to make myself accountable or to have as a reminder during the new year”

— Paullee Ramos (10)

There are many kinds of resolutions you can make. They may be a simple task, a new hobby, or a long-term goal. Paullee Ramos (10) says that she likes to “…put [her] goals down on paper to make [her] accountable or to have it as a reminder”. If you are having trouble with what to write, know that these goals don’t have to be life-changing. The word resolution simply means to decide whether or not to do something. 

One good way to start is by thinking of new things you want to try. This may be expanding your music taste or tasting new foods. You can also aspire to learn something new, such as a sport, an art, or even a language. If possible, it is also a great experience to travel to new places, whether it is a town or a different part of the world. 

Another type of resolution is to set forth a goal that may take a while to achieve and then maintain, or a goal to persist in doing something throughout the year. For example, a long-term goal might be to develop a workout routine to reach your ideal, healthy body. You may also want to train to be able to run a marathon in 2024. In addition, you may have a smaller goal that you want to enforce to become a habit this upcoming year. This may be practicing an instrument, eliciting better study habits to get good grades, or even spending more time with friends in family. 

All in all, having New Year’s resolutions is a good way to set foot into 2024. Whatever your resolutions may be, they are a good reminder of what you want to accomplish throughout the year.