Top 5 Universal Christmas Gifts *For Kids*

The Squishmallow brand is releasing this Squishmallows Plush Mystery Pack, which could be a really cute way to surprise your son/daughter, brother/sister.
Walmart

“My little cousinis so obsessed with his moon lamp. It’s starting to help cultivate his love for science, which is also really cool to see”.

— Anvi Bhagavatula (12)

With Christmas shopping on the top of everyone’s calendars, I thought I would provide a list of the most popular kid-friendly Christmas gifts this year. 

1. Squishmallows

Squishmallows are one of the only items I know that are popular among every age group. They are honestly perfect for anyone’s bedroom and can serve as both a pillow and a stuffed animal. The fact that they come in multiple shapes, sizes, colors, and characters makes the gift gender neutral. It’s also super easy to find it in the knick-knack section of any fast fashion store, like Forever 21, Urban Outfitters, and Target.

2. Barbie 2023 Holiday Barbie Doll

I feel like The Barbie movie has given the Barbie brand a new meaning, and because of the film, this item might sell faster than Barbie dolls ever have in the past. Though your child or sibling, depending on how old they are, may not understand the doll’s newfound meaning, they will still appreciate the one-of-a-kind golden gown the doll comes in, and the pretty red box encapsulating the gift. 

3. Kanoodle

This game is great if you want to help your child/sibling develop fine motor skills and improve their cognitive ability. My cousin loves it and is constantly raving about it. The game entails combining colorful connected beads to create 2D puzzles and 3D pyramids.

4. Squishmallows

We use this coding robot at the camp I work at and the kids always go crazy for it. It entertains them for hours and is a good relaxing activity. It also encourages creativity and is super easy to reset. It comes equipped with markers the kids can draw the design with. Once the designs are done, the robot is placed on the design, and it follows the path created to make patterns, shapes, and designs based on the code drawn by the child (this is all done on regular printer paper). 

5. Moon lamp

These innovative lamps imitate the moon’s surface. It is incredibly detailed with craters, mountains, and other features. These lamps are rechargeable, cordless, and portable, so though it is on the bigger side, it can be used as a travel night light. They also have a big charge which provides hours of light. And, they come in different shapes, sizes, and patterns for boys and girls. “My little cousin” Anvi Bhagavtula (12) shares “is so obsessed with his lamp. It’s starting to help cultivate his love for science, which is also really cool to see”.