Taylor Swift & Travis Kelce…Will They Last? Updates on Their Relationship

Taylor and Travis spotted leaving an after-party following a Chiefs football game.
Vanity Fair

Everyone loves a celebrity couple, especially when the people involved in the relationship are both highly successful in their fields. Taylor Swift has amassed over 277.4 million Instagram followers, while Travis Kelce is the greatest tight-end ever to play the game of football. These two prominent stars are now in a public relationship, and many are rooting for them. However, many wonder if this new relationship will last because they both have big reputations to uphold.

As of recently, the couple has been fearless in showing their affection for each other. Most recently, according to People magazine, Travis Kelce watched in awe as Taylor Swift performed at the Argentina stop of her Eras Tour (Swift’s international tour that has taken the world by storm). Throughout the show, he can be seen dancing along to his girlfriend’s songs, collecting friendship bracelets, and even hanging out with Taylor Swift’s father.

Multiple events from this night shocked fans, including when Taylor Swift changed the lyrics to her famous song “Karma” from her Midnights album. Many wonder what this lyric change has to do with the Travis and Taylor relationship; however, Swift’s lyric change had everything to do with Kelce and his football team, the Kansas City Chiefs. The original lyric in the song is “Karma is the guy on the screen, coming straight home to me,” and Swift changed the lyric that concert night to “Karma is the guy on the Chiefs, coming straight home to me.” When fans heard this lyric change, the whole stadium went into hysterics. Some fans even captured when Kelce and Swift’s dad listened to the lyric change. Kelce covers his face and dances while Swift’s dad pumps his hands.

Also, after the show, Swift is seen running to Kelce with open arms, and they even share a kiss while many fans applaud. Many Swifties may already know this, but in the past, Taylor Swift has been very private about her relationships. Before Kelce, Taylor was previously in a relationship with Joe Alwyn and kept their relationship confidential. Many wonder whether Swift is shedding this newfound publicity on her relationship due to her finally being carefree or not being tied to her ex-boyfriend, who was ashamed of being with Swift. 

I think they are a good match because Travis is someone that won’t get insecure about Taylor’s success because he is already one of the best in his career

— Kailey Dinh (11)

Either way, everyone is ecstatic to see the two biggest stars in their respective fields being involved with one another, and many are rooting for them to be end-game. However, will this couple last with all of the attention surrounding it? Many believe this relationship to be lasting: “I think they are a good match because Travis is someone that won’t get insecure about Taylor’s success because he is already one of the best in his career” Kailey Dinh (11). Well, we will find out if this couple lasts in the upcoming football games and concerts.