Senior Signing Day at Yorba Linda High School

The+eight+athletes+to+sign+on+February+1%2C+2023+for+Yorba+Linda+High+School.+

Emma Perron

The eight athletes to sign on February 1, 2023 for Yorba Linda High School.

Emma Perron, Editor

On February 1, 2023, schools worldwide had National Signing Day. Yorba Linda High School takes pride in this event every year and is always happy to showcase our talented athletes. Eight students signed on February 1 during lunch in our school gym. There were 2 of the same sport, but all the others were for different sports. 

Our athletic director, Jeff Platt (S), expresses, “National Signing Day is one of my favorite days of the year and a great day for all those involved. It’s an opportunity to celebrate those athletes that have made a lifetime commitment to their sport and have committed to play at the collegiate level. This is something only the top 7% have the opportunity to do. The YLHS administration, staff, parents, coaches, and teammates are proud of the hard work and dedication these young athletes have made, not just in their sport but also in their classes and on campus. They are leaders and an inspiration to the other athletes; we are so proud of them. Go Mustangs.”

National Signing Day is one of my favorite days of the year and a great day for all those involved. It’s an opportunity to celebrate those athletes that have made a lifetime commitment to their sport and have committed to play at the collegiate level. This is something only the top 7% have the opportunity to do. The YLHS administration, staff, parents, coaches, and teammates are proud of the hard work and dedication these young athletes have made, not just in their sport but also in their classes and on campus. They are leaders and an inspiration to the other athletes; we are so proud of them. Go Mustangs.

— Jeff Platt (S)

These eight students were McKenna Rawley, Lois Hansen, Anna Petrescu, Reyn Beal, Riley Bruce, Sydney Rome, Wyatt Mosier, and Jaden Murray.

Starting with a fall sport, Lois Hansen signed with UC Santa Barbara. Her verbal commitment was on April 29, 2022, and she officially signed on November 9, 2022. “A big thank you to my parents, tstreet volleyball, and high school volleyball coaches for giving me this opportunity,” states Lois Hansen (12).

The following fall sport to be showcased is girls’ tennis. Anna Petrescu signed with Claremont McKenna College. Her verbal announcement was on August 21, 2022, and Anna Petrescu (12) states, “right when I stepped on CMC’s campus, it felt like home. I can not wait to be part of the tennis team (previously NCAA Champions) and major in economics.”

Our third fall sport is cross country; Sydney Rome committed to St. Mary’s College. Her verbal commitment was on January 8, 2023, and officially signed on January 11, 2023. “I signed to St. Mary’s because the school and team were everything I wanted in a college. It was an offer I couldn’t pass up because right as I walked on campus, I knew it was the place I wanted to be for the next four years,” expresses Sydney Rome (12).

The last fall sport was football, and the two to sign far were Wyatt Mosier and Reyn Beal. Wyatt Mosier is committed to UCLA, and Reyn Beal is committed to the University of Chicago. 

Reyn’s commitment 

https://ylhsthewrangler.com/29489/features/reyn-beal-commits-to-the-university-of-chicago/ 

Wyatt’s commitment 

https://ylhsthewrangler.com/29477/features/wyatt-mosier-commits-to-ucla-football/

For winter sports McKenna Rawley signed up for soccer at Hawaii Pacific University. Her verbal announcement was on November 2, 2022, and she officially signed on November 30, 2022. McKenna’s commitment

https://ylhsthewrangler.com/29498/features/mckenna-rawley-commits-to-hawaii-pacific-university/

The spring sport so far is for track, which is Jaden Murray. Jaden is signing to BIOLA. Her verbal commitment was a week before she officially signed on February 1, 2023. Jaden Murray (12) conveys, “Being given a chance to be surrounded by other Christian athletes and the staff was the main reason I chose the university.”

And the last person out of the eight is Riley Bruce. She is committed to Cal Baptist University. She verbally announced on December 13, 2022, but signed way before on October 25, 2022. Riley Bruce (12) states, “I loved the positive atmosphere the athletes created when I got to practice with them. They were hardworking, purpose-driven, and welcoming, ultimately making me want to be a part of the family. I currently have two sisters at CBU, and every time I visit, it makes me want to sign more.” 

Congratulations to our eight seniors that were showcased on senior signing day. Yorba Linda High School staff, students, and coaches are proud of you. Continue to kick butt and showcase your talents to everyone on and off the field.