Movie Night Fundraiser For the Augustine Family

Brandon Russell

The flyer with more information on how you can donate to Eric and his family!

Brandon Russell, Editor In Chief

Eric Augustine, a man who continues to defy all boundaries of the condition that he has been diagnosed with, was given only six months to live after he was diagnosed with Cholangiocarcinoma, a rare cancer with no discovered cure, on February 21, 2018. At just 30 years of age, Eric was engulfed within a fight for his life that continues to be a recurring fight each and every day. Being that this cancer contains no innate cure, here at Yorba Linda High School, and around the community, support for the Augustine family continues to flourish.

Two days after being diagnosed with this horrible cancer, Eric, and his wife, Danielle, were notified that they would be having children. Not just one, but twin baby boy’s. Not knowing whether or not he would live to see the birth of his sons’, tears of joy, yet tears of sadness swept over the family for the months that soon lay ahead. Given only six months to live, Eric has continued to defy all odds to this day, his persistence with chemotherapy for months on end, and overlapping surgeries, continue to work to diminish the size of his tumor, and ultimately prolong life for this father of two.

Presently, with Eric’s wife, Danielle, going back to work, the family is trying to afford a stay home nanny so that Eric can spend what unknown time he has left, with his two baby boys and wife. A true man of god, a warrior, and ultimate fighter, described by his friends and family, the help that the family can receive, even if it may seem as minute as a couple dollars, will go toward aiding in Eric’s ability to spend what time he has left with his family. Next Friday, March 22, Ylhs will be hosting a movie night fundraiser in order to raise money for Eric and his family.

Tickets are $5 on campus for students, $10 for adults, and they can either be bought at break or lunch in the quad, or at the door on movie night. Even if you can’t attend, donations to the Augustine family are ultimately aiding to enable a great man in Eric, to spend the unknown days he has left, with his beloved family and sons’.

To Donate online, visit: www.gofundme.com/erics-fight-against-cholangiocarcinoma

Attached, is the flyer from with more information on Eric, and his fight, alongside the information for the fundraiser that is coming up on Friday, March 22, at 7:00 in the Yorba Linda High School Forum! We will be watching Incredibles 2.