How to stay fit over Summer

Yoga exercises someone physically and mentally. Photo courtesy of People Magazine.

Hailee Ramirez, Editor

Summer is approaching rapidly and it can be so easy to get out of shape with so much free time to sleep, or eat, etc. Of course, with no homework and school, who wouldn’t want to take advantage, and just sleep. However, according to Huffington Post, any type of exercise that get your heart pumping will make you feel “more focused afterward” and protect from life threatening diseases, such as Alzheimer’s. When many think of exercise, they think of it as just plain old running, which you can do; however, there are many ways to make exercising appealing. Here is just a list of the numerous ways:

1.Take a Zumba Class

Zumba is a dance fitness class with a ton of other people that involves upbeat music, fast movements, and lots of fun. Yet, at the same time, you are burning tons of calories without knowing it.

2.Go for a bike ride

Rent a bike or grab your own, get a group,a go for a bike ride at the beach, or some scenic route. Bicycle riding gives you your cardio, but you can still hangout with friends and enjoy the sun.

3.Go for a swim

You can either go swimming in a pool or at the beach, it does not matter. Also, with summer heat, who wouldn’t want to be in the water cooling down. Swimming for about an hour can burn up to six hundred calories, according to active.

4.Do Yoga

You can either take a yoga class or just do it a home with a friend. There is videos and tutorials all over the internet on how to do yoga. Yoga not only keeps you physically in shape, but it also “helps free your mind and get all the stress off of your chest,” voices Grace Young (11).

5.Do a boxing class

Boxing may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but it is proven to help relieve stress, anger, and depression, etc, according to Livestrong. Also, aside from just learning to box and exercising, you learn self defense, as well.

6.Play a sport with friends

This one is probably the most popular way to have fun while exercising and that is play your favorite sport. You could form teams with your friends or family, and play a game of soccer, baseball, tennis, or basketball, etc.

These ideas are just a few of the various activities you can do to stay in shape over summer while still having a good time.