2018 Color of the Year: Ultra Violet

Pantone

Pantone

Nikita Kheni, Editor-in-Chief

It’s that time of year again: the time to announce the new Pantone Color of the Year. This year, Pantone chose Ultra Violet, a “complex and contemplative” shade symbolizing the mysteries of the future. Ultra Violet is a blue-based purple bringing forth. Ultra Violet is about energizing, connecting, and seeking tranquility away from society.

According to Pantone, the selection process requires consideration and analysis of trends. Pantone’s color experts at the Pantone Color Institute have to analyze the world looking for new color influences and what is popular. This includes looking at the influences from the entertainment industry and films in production, traveling art collections and artists, fashion, design, travel destinations, lifestyles, play styles, technology, materials, textures, and socio-economic conditions.  Pantone has been influencing the development of product and making decisions in multiple industries for 17 years now. For 17 years, Pantone’s Color of the Year has influenced product development and purchasing decisions in multiple industries, including fashion, home furnishings, and industrial design, as well as product packaging and graphic design.

Unlike the past few shades such as Marsala, Serenity and Rose Quartz, and Greenery, Ultra Violet is much bolder and vibrant.

The hue is present all over the galaxy. When paired with neutrals, bright and deeper shades, metallics, Ultra Violet provides a bright new pop amongst different shades and materials.

Be sure to update your closets and homes for the new year with this beautiful shade.

Nikita Kheni, Editor-in-Chief

Nikita Kheni is a senior at Yorba Linda High School. She is currently serving her second year as Editor-in-Chief for The Wrangler. Her favorite subject is language arts because she has a passion for writing and loves reading literature. This is her fifth year of being in newspaper and fourth year as a part of The Wrangler. She is also the copy editor for the yearbook program here at YLHS. She has received many amazing opportunities through the publications programs. Her interests include writing, reading, and photography. In the future, Nikita hopes to major in communications and international affairs.