The Tonight Show by Jimmy Fallon’s Five Year Anniversary

A picture of the show’s cover.

A picture of the show’s cover.

theverge.com

A picture of the show’s cover.

theverge.com

theverge.com

A picture of the show’s cover.

Salma Almoradi, Photojournalist

On February 17, 2019, The Tonight Show, hosted by Jimmy Fallon, turned five years old. This entertaining show airs every weekday starting at 11:35 PM Pacific Time. Coming all the way from the Rockefeller Center in the heart of New York City, Jimmy Fallon hosts guests that include movie stars, athletes, comedians, public figures and many other stars. He also delivers a signature nightly monologue, performs in comedy sketches, plays fan-favorite games, and presents recurring segments like ‘Thank You Notes.’

To celebrate five years of putting a smile on people’s faces, ambassadors of important social causes as well as some well-known celebrities were invited to appear on the show. Starting the celebration of February 11, 2019, well-known actor and comedian Adam Sandler appeared on the show, gifting Jimmy Fallon by serenading him to a parody of the song “My Funny Valentine.” Big Bird also appeared on the show to celebrate Sesame Street’s fiftieth anniversary and discuss the non-profit organization “Sesame Workshop” which raises money to meet the basic needs of children. The next day, Blake Mycoskie, the founder of TOMS, introduced the company’s method to support  “End Gun Violence Together.” On Wednesday, the show started off with former football athlete Tim Tebow sharing his proposal to Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters and  hoped Fallon would cheer him on when he plays his first home game for the New York Mets. Then, he went on to explain the organization “Night to Shine,” a prom made for people with special needs.

February 14, or Valentine’s day, was dedicated to the Girl Scouts of Greater New York Troop 6000. This troop was created in a homeless shelter and is the first troop designed to serve girls in these kinds of shelters. The money raised from selling Girl Scout cookies goes towards teaching the girls several skills like computer coding, robotics, and more. After hearing this, Jimmy Fallon wanted to support the girls and bought cookies from them for the whole audience. Lastly, on February 15, the show brought back Robert Irwin after several appearances on the show, accompanied by his mother Terri and sister Bindi. On the show, the family talked passionately about the organization they are working with- Wildlife Warriors- which makes an effort to change the outlook on the conservation matter, stop the poaching of crocodile eggs, and treat over tens of thousands of animals at their hospital in the Australian Zoo.

Clearly, this five year anniversary celebration has been one to remember. Several special guests were brought on the show and many organizations that make an effort for good causes raised lots of awareness. To Erica Casillas (12), “celebration isn’t just about having fun but also about helping others out after such great success.” Let’s hope that The Tonight Show celebrates more anniversaries to come!

Source: danspapers.com

Salma Almoradi, Photojournalist

Salma Almoradi is a senior at Yorba Linda High School serving as an office aide. Previously, she was apart of the dance program for three years. She was...