How To Stick to Dreams

unsplash.com
Doodling is an excellent way to map out your dreams in one place.

Walt Disney once famously stated, “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” Dreams are human nature; everyone has goals that they strive for, whether it be a dream job, a much-needed vacation, learning a new language, or starting a business one has dedicated all their life savings toward. Yet, many dreams never get the chance to blossom and flourish, as most are never committed to and put into action. However, if you follow a sequence of simple steps, sticking to a dream is easier than it seems, and the results are surely rewarding.

First and foremost, it is necessary to define your dream. Before striving toward a goal, you need to first recognize what it is and have a clear understanding of what exactly you want. A good strategy for accomplishing this is breaking up your dream into smaller, more achievable goals. Having goals that seem more reasonable and realistic helps motivate you and keeps you focused on the dream. 

Next, making a plan will bring you one step closer to achieving your dream. Without a devised plan that makes sense to you, it is difficult for your dream to be put into action. Doodling your goals out on a piece of paper is a helpful way to envision your dream. This creates a roadmap, which provides you with guidance and helps you stay organized. Additionally, setting deadlines for specific, individual goals is another great method to keep your dream in check!

Moreover, you should have resilience and stay persistent. With life being so unpredictable, it is important to understand that obstacles may arise along the way. Be ready to make changes to your plan to overcome challenges, and do not be distressed if something goes wrong! Although the dream may seem impossible at times, remember to be flexible and never give up!

Adding on, during your journey, remember to take note of losses and celebrate wins. While there will likely be setbacks during the pursuit to achieve your dream, learning from your mistakes is a powerful quality to have. By looking back at failures, you can make improvements and therefore boost your chances of success with your dream. Nevertheless, celebrating victories, no matter how small they are, is equally important. Acknowledge the progress you have made, and this will help motivate you as well.

Lastly, it is important to have someone or something to rely on. Finding inspiration from another source is another key factor. This could be friends, family, or even online videos. Surrounding yourself with reliable people can help inspire you while also giving you the chance to meet people with similar interests.

Achieving dreams may seem difficult and deterring, but by following a certain procedure tailored to your needs, your chances of eventually realizing that dream increase significantly. According to a study done at Dominican University, people who set goals are forty-three percent more likely to achieve them (bramework.com). Dreams are particularly important to Krishaa Seth (9), who voices that “Dreams are important to me because they give me a goal to strive toward. Also, they positively affect my life because they remind me to stay optimistic about the future.”

Dreams positively affect my life because they remind me to stay optimistic about the future.

— Krishaa Seth (9)

Albeit, this process requires much time, perseverance, and dedication. By following these simple steps, you can become closer and closer to your dreams and overcome life’s obstacles. In the end, the rewards given from your wildest dreams are certainly gratifying.