The Craze of the Anaheim Packing House

The inside venue of the Anaheim Packing House. Photo courtesy of cntraveler.com

Hailee Ramirez, Editor

Many students of YLHS are obsessing over the Anaheim Packing House, located in the heart of downtown Anaheim, which contains unique eateries from South America and Europe, live music, and gatherings for everyone that is all compacted into a two story building. Not only is it inside, but it also has an outdoor event dining area that contains a fireplace and orange grove. It opened up in May of 2014, but the building has been around since 1919 and has been renovated throughout the years. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places, according to the National Park Service. The Packing House has survived many events throughout history, such as the Great Depression, the great earthquake of 1930, the Vietnam war, and many other tragic events (CityofAnaheim).

At the Anaheim Packing District, there are over twenty different exclusive artisan eateries that has people pouring in constantly. It is known as the “Hipster Food Court” with its aesthetic vibes, Snapchat worthy foods, and hipster-like venue (Tripadvisor). The venue has to do with the environment and nature, so there is many plants and greenery everywhere you go. Many students love going here in order to get the perfect picture of the trendy food, according to Nicoletta Fidelis(11) who states,” the extraordinary and colorful foods with the scenic background of the the venue always create an excellent picture.” Most of the merchants there have food you won’t find anywhere else such as, I Am, Crepe Coop, and much more. I am offers the colorful nitrogen cereal puff balls that produce nitrogen in the air as you eat them, which is “a social media sensation and you must Snapchat before you leave,” voices Ashley Taylor(11). Crepe Coop features crepes that you can customize in many different ways such as adding cereal, gelato, or assorted fruits (CrepeCoop). Aside from all these dessert type foods, they also offer restaurants that serve actual food. Georgia’s restaurant is one of the eateries that is a casual dining restaurant that serves foods from the traditions of the south.

Even though it may all sound like the Anaheim Packing House is all about eating, there is also art classes provided on certain days, and live music every weekend. All of the live music provided is from different genres, and is completely free to watch. The Anaheim Packing House is a great place to meet up with friends or family, and share some laughs while eating food that’ll excite your taste buds.