Falling Back or Into Fall Flavors

The Pumpkin Pie and Cheesecake flavors at Yogurtland can blend to create a delicious autumn frozen yogurt. (Milla Jans)

Autumn is a spirited time of transformation from the parching summer weather to a crisp breeze that carries the scent of classic, delicious fall flavors. This year, traditional tastes, including pumpkin, cinnamon, salted caramel, and maple, are being met with a few new fall-themed foods and drinks. Of course, old favorites are always crucial in celebrating the fall season and the holidays that join it. Halloween would not be the same without caramel apples and spooky treats, and Thanksgiving is always in need of a pumpkin, pecan, or apple pie. Stores and cafes commemorate the season by taking advantage of fall flavors and inventing new recipes. Here are some places that offer delectable autumn foods that heighten fall’s calming change. 

1. Starbucks’s Lattes, Coffees, and Treats

This year, Starbucks has new and traditional fall drinks, including the classic Pumpkin Spice Latte (Tall – $5.65), the Iced Apple Crisp Oatmilk Shaken Espresso (Tall – $5.75), and the Iced Pumpkin Cream Chai Tea Latte (Tall – $5.65). Starbucks also introduced the Owl Cake Pop ($3.25), an adorable version of its regular cake pops, that suits the fall season. The Pumpkin Spice Latte is a classic, with its model flavor and whipped cream topping. It’s the perfect drink for a chilly autumn day and is one of the most coveted drinks during fall. Similarly, the Pumpkin Cream Chai Latte is a tasty mix of two flavors that work well together and are worth a try. The Iced Apple Crisp Oatmilk Shaken Espresso has received mixed reviews, with some saying it lacks any apple flavor and others stating it has an overpowering taste. 

1. Trader Joe’s Fall Foods

This beloved grocery store offers a myriad of fall-themed snacks and foods such as pumpkin spice cookies and even pumpkin ice cream. For more information on their special autumnal items, check out the article “Cinnamon, Spice, and Trader Joe’s Fall Paradise” by Noelle Wu (10) on The Wrangler’s website.

1. Yogurtland’s Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Swirl

This new flavor is a mixture of Yogurtland’s cheesecake and pumpkin pie flavors which can be made by swirling the two together. Both frozen yogurts are delicious and combine well to create a flavor that has a good balance between the spice of the pumpkin and the sweetness of the cheesecake. Another new flavor that is worth a try is the Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie. These frozen yogurts are perfect for a warmer fall day and Yogurtland is the place to go for a casual get-together with friends.

My favorite fall food is pumpkin pie– it’s delicious.

— Christine Serbu (10)

1. Polly’s Pies

Polly’s Pies is by far the ultimate place to go for high-quality pies in Yorba Linda. The business carries several fall-flavored pies, including pumpkin, apple, and apple crisp. Pumpkin pie is a staple food to have during Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving, and Christine Serbu (10) states, “My favorite fall food is pumpkin pie– it’s delicious.” 

All of the places listed offer wonderful fall favorites that are ideal for the season. Additionally, another option not listed is cooking or baking fall favorites. Numerous recipes can be used to make pumpkin bread, apple or cinnamon muffins, creamed corn, and more. It can be a relaxing and fun activity to stay in on an autumn day just to cook, bake, and eventually enjoy those recipes. Enjoy this autumn with seasonal foods, and don’t be afraid to try something new.