Cozy Fall Activities

Enjoy the fall with some peaceful activities. You can read your favorite book and light a fall-scented candle.
(Grecia Chavez)

The fall season is in full motion and is one of the best seasons to get comfy. It comes with crisp air, colorful leaves, and seasonal scents and treats. After a busy week of school, a great way to wind down is by doing cozy fall activities. So here are some ways to relax and appreciate this wonderful time of the year. 

If you want to relax, know that you are not confined in your home and can do so while enjoying a change of scenery. You can visit a pumpkin patch and look around to pick out the perfect pumpkin. Later, you can carve or paint it to make it a cute decoration for the fall holidays. While you are browsing, buy a caramel apple or cider to accompany you. Another calming, outdoor activity is to take a stroll through a trail or around your neighborhood and appreciate the cool air and colorful leaves. 

Make sure you bring a sweater and your drink of choice with you, as well as some headphones to play your favorite fall playlist on your walk. Another option of getting out of the house while still staying nice and warm indoors is to go to your local Starbucks or coffee shop. There you can take advantage of the environment to do some homework while sipping on your go-to seasonal drink. 

While it is always nice to enjoy the outdoors, there are also many fall activities you can enjoy in your home. For example, you can utilize your kitchen to make fall foods. You can bake pumpkin cookies or pies, or even sweet potatoes. However, if you want to skip the hassle of cleaning the mess or your cooking skills aren’t great, take a trip to Trader Joe’s and buy their seasonal snacks.

While you enjoy your treats, Eve Warunek (10) says you can “get cozy and put on some autumn shows on the TV.” This can mean nostalgic sitcoms like Gilmore Girls, thrilling shows like Stranger Things, or scarier movies fit for Halloween. Lastly, a very comforting way to spend the season is to cuddle up on the couch with a warm blanket, light some autumn-scented candles, and read a novel.

“During the fall, I like to get cozy and put on some autumn shows on the TV.”

— Eve Warunek (10)

For students, fall can be stressful with school and extracurriculars, but it can also be a time to relax with the changing season. This fall, remember to spend some time doing cozy activities if you are looking to unwind. 

View Comments (1)