Fall Book Recommendations for a Cozy Night In!

Reading during the fall is the perfect way to relax this season!
sourced from Pinterest

Books! Everyone has had a love for reading at least once in their life. It could have been when you were tiny, in your teenage years, or in adult life. Either way, reading can create a fun way to relax, de-stress, and shorten screen time. Here are some fall book recommendations by our Yorba Linda High School students!

1. November 9

“November 9 is the perfect fall book because the setting occurs every five years on   November 9. The book’s setting takes place in the fall, and it is the perfect rom-com that is funny, romantic and has a great plot twist,” said Jennalyn Urquico (11). November 9 is perfect for students looking for a romance book set during the fall. This novel follows the unusual love story between Fallon O’Neil and Ben Kessler. After meeting by chance, these two strangers agree to meet once a year in an experiment that fills their lives with confidence they both lack—and a novel-in-progress written by Ben. This book is perfect for cozying up and reading for endless hours. 

2. Twilight

Twilight is so perfect for fall because the movies already have a fall essence to them, and it’s about vampires, so that’s already Halloweenish!” – Faith Alam (11). Twilight is about a seventeen-year-old Isabella “Bella” Swan, who moves from Phoenix, Arizona, to Forks, Washington. She is endangered after falling in love with Edward Cullen, a 103-year-old vampire frozen in his 17-year-old body. This romance novel has an exciting, enjoyable, and compelling twist!

Twilight is so perfect for fall because the movies already have a fall essence to them, and it’s about vampires so that’s already halloweenish!

— Faith Alam (11)

3. Little Women

Little Women ” is the epitome of a fall book. It takes place mostly around fall and winter, and the book has this feeling of warmth like the kind you feel during the fall and winter seasons,” stated Naina Brar (11). The book describes the lives of 4 sisters, Jo, Meg, Amy, and Beth, as they navigate life and their place in the world during the changing leaves. Straying away from romance books, Little Women is a classic read where you can relate to the strong-willed characters in the novel. 

4. Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes

“I would recommend the Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes because the movie is coming out soon, and it would make the movie even better if you read the book first!” – Fara Ebrahimi (11). Even though this book may not have a fall scene on its pages, it’s an excellent book to start around this time of year because of its new movie! The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakestakes place in the dystopian world of Panem during the tenth annual Hunger Games. It follows the story of Coriolanus Snow, who later becomes the tyrannical President Snow depicted in the original series. The book explores power, privilege, and the loss of innocence.

5. A Walk to Remember

“My favorite book ever is A Walk to Remember, and I think it is the perfect cozy book for fall time because it takes place in the fall and its a love story that tugs at the heartstrings; it’s a perfect book.” – Katherine Nguyen (11). Set in North Carolina, A Walk To Remember follows the rite of passage of a jaded, aimless high school senior who falls in love with a guileless young woman he and his friends once scorned. The two develop a powerful and inspirational relationship in which they discover truths that take most people a lifetime to learn.

These are just a few book recommendations to make this season even better, and all you need to do is go to your local library or bookstore and start reading!