Best Ethnic Food in North OC

The food at Bombay Grill never disappoints.
Bombay Grill

Bombay Grill- Bombay Grill is always my family’s go-to Indian restaurant. The service is incredible, and the food always hits the spot. It’s always perfectly spiced and the presentation is honestly the best I’ve seen.

They do such a good job of maintaining a balance between putting creative spins on dishes, while keeping what makes the dish so loved.

— Kaitlyn Yam (12)

The portions are perfect for family-style dining, and they never skimp out on how much aaloo they put in their dosas or chicken in the chicken tikka masala. They recently added south Indian dishes to their menu, like dosas, Idlis, chitranna, and biryani, along with their sides: coconut chutney and sambar. The restaurant’s perfect blend of flavors never fails to impress both the first-timers and the experienced. 

Tan’s House – Every Christmas, my family usually eats here and it is by far the best comfort food. The service is always incredible – once my family came 45 minutes before closing and they didn’t make us feel rushed at all. They are even willing to cook off-menu items, like the kung pao squid. Some favorites I’ve read online are honey walnut shrimp, fish with ginger and scallions – according to the reviews, people usually get lots of fish and it is very saucy (which is how the dish should be served) – beef chow fun, sautéed dry string bean a xiao long bao. One aspect I appreciate is their huge selection of vegetarian options. All my friends are vegetarian and they’re hesitant to eat Chinese food because they’re worried about the fish sauce, but Tan’s House has so many vegetarian options and they’re always happy to accommodate vegetarians. 

Pho Vina – Pho Vina had the most positive reviews on yelp when I was doing my research. Most, if not all, the reviews mentioned the warm feel of the restaurant and their immediate satisfaction after their meal. Veggie pho is my personal favorite. Usually, veggie broth at pho restaurants are watery and not very flavorful, but the broth here is delicious. It’s filled with flavor and compliments the noodles so well. All the dishes are equally as good as this one. You’ll never have to add any sauce or extra toppings to any dishes because they always come out perfectly flavored. Some favorites are beef pho, garlic noodles, basil noodles, eggrolls, and chicken banh mi sandwiches

Supatra’s Thai – This is my favorite restaurant. It’s a little pricey but my family usually over orders then eats it as leftovers for the next week. You should definitely try the papaya salad, pad see ew, and fresh rolls. The papaya salad is a little lemony but it fits well with the other flavors in the dish; and you have to eat the fresh rolls immediately or else the rice paper will get crunchy. I’ve heard people also love mango sticky rice. Everybody loves this restaurant – mostly everyone gave it 5 stars – and the atmosphere is great.

View Comments (8)