Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
Countdown

Best Local Apple Cider

Trader Joe’s
Cinnamon and dried fruit are creative ways to add to your cider.

As the leaves change colors and the crisp air brings a chill there’s one beverage that instantly reminds us of the fall season: apple cider. From apple orchards to cozy autumn gatherings, this beloved drink plays a crucial role in our fall traditions. Even students such as Isabella Martinez (12) believe this drink is the biggest indicator of fall “You know it’s officially fall,  when you’re handed a warm, fragrant mug full of apple cider” In this article, you’ll discover the best places to buy this delicious fall drink.

“You know it’s officially fall, when you’re handed a warm, fragrant mug full of apple cider”

— Isabella Martinez

1. Grocery Stores (Specifically Vons or Trader Joe) While many of us treasure the tradition of visiting local orchards and pressing our apple cider during the fall season, there are plenty of reasons to appreciate the convenience of picking up a bottle at your neighborhood grocery store, adding an element of flexibility to your seasonal preferences. Not only is it practical and enjoyable, but grocery stores also offer cider year-round. This means you don’t have to limit your enjoying cider to autumn. You can sip on it any time you please, whether it’s a cold winter evening or a hot summer day.

• Best Brands:
    • `Trader Joe’s Spiced Cider: As stated on their website, their spiced cider is their top fall tradition and most constant best-seller.
    • Trader Joe’s Plain Apple Cider: A crisp cider that can be served warm for cool fall days or cold for warmer ones.

2. Riley’s Apple Farm Going the extra mile, quite literally, to an apple farm for a taste of spiced cider is an experience that transcends distance. The trip to the farm offers not just a beverage but an entire sensory adventure. While it may be far from your home, it’s well worth the journey. The journey to this apple farm immerses you in the heart of the harvest season, allowing you to witness the entire process: from apple picking to cider pressing. As you breathe in the fresh country air and wander through the picturesque orchards, you’ll gain a deeper appreciation for the craft of cider-making and connect with the traditions that make this drink so unique. Plus, the taste of spiced cider straight from the source, often made with locally grown apples and a secret blend of spices, is an experience that can’t be replicated elsewhere. So, despite the distance, visiting an apple farm for spiced cider offers not only a tasty treat but a memorable adventure that embodies the true essence of the fall season.