Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
Countdown

Halloween at Home

Halloween is right around the corner. This year, it happens to fall on a Tuesday, which makes it harder for kids and teens to enjoy the holiday. So, if you’re someone who usually likes to go out for Halloween but can’t this year, here are some fun Halloween activities you can do at home. 

One staple of this spooky holiday is pumpkins. You can incorporate pumpkins into your at-home festivities in many different ways. First off, you can buy actual pumpkins from your local grocery store and carve them to make jack-o-lanterns or any image you desire! These double as cute decorations to show off inside or outside your house. If you prefer not to get as messy, you can paint the pumpkin instead or even buy a ceramic pumpkin to paint. Of course, another way to utilize pumpkins is to bake pumpkin desserts. You can refer to recipes for pumpkin pies, cookies, muffins, and much more! A nice touch to add to the ambiance is to light a couple of autumn-scented candles and play your favorite fall playlist. 

If you aren’t in the mood for pumpkins or just don’t have any, there are still many other crafts and desserts you can make. You can make witch hats or cute ghosts out of tissue paper. You can play a Halloween scavenger hunt or wrap the mummy. There are also Halloween-themed card or board games, such as Bingo, that you can buy and play as well. In addition, you can decorate cookies with frosting to make cute skulls or spooky monsters!

“On Halloween, I like to watch a few of the Scream movies with some candy.”

— Ishani Bhatt (10)

Another way to enjoy the holiday is to watch scary movies. Ishani Bhatt (10) says her favorite way to spend the night is to “…watch a few of the Scream movies with some candy.” There are many different options to choose from; you can watch supernatural horror films, gory slashers, comedy horrors, Disney Halloween movies, or even Halloween-themed episodes from nostalgic TV shows like Scooby-Doo. To accompany your screening, dress up in comfy Halloween pajamas and eat your favorite treats, So, if you are looking for a cozy night in on Halloween, it is a good idea to cuddle up on the couch with a bucket of popcorn or your favorite candies and watch your pick of Halloween movies or episodes. 

If you find yourself unable to go trick or treating or stuck at the house this Halloween, just know there are plenty of at-home Halloween activities. With crafts, games, baking, and binge-watching scary movies, Halloween can be brought to life in your home. Of course, the more the merrier, so invite some friends or loved ones to this night in!

View Comments (3)