Welcome to YLHS, Mrs. Romero!

Mrs.+Romero+joined+the+YLHS+Mustangs+this+year+and+is+now+the+new+Introduction+to+Business+teacher+for+the+Mustang+Business+Academy.+
Milla Jans
Mrs. Romero joined the YLHS Mustangs this year and is now the new Introduction to Business teacher for the Mustang Business Academy.

This year, Yorba Linda High School welcomes Mrs. Romero to the Mustang Business Academy (MBA). As a first-time YLHS teacher, she’s diving right into new business-related experiences. Not only is she teaching four CTE (Career Technology Education) classes, but she is also co-advisor of FBLA and advisor for Shark Bowl. Mrs. Romero is a fantastic addition to the YLHS faculty and is sure to bring a significant impact to the business academy. 

The MBA program includes three years of curriculum: Intro to Business, Business Technology and Communications, and Business Management and Leadership. Students in these classes are guided through business fundamentals, what it takes to be a business leader, communication tactics, and more. Mrs. Romero has taken on the four Intro to Business classes while Ms. Waltemeyer, last year’s only business instructor, is teaching Business Tech and Communications and Business Management and Leadership. 

…the first step in becoming literate in business. Intro to Business is the class where students begin to crawl, which leads to walking in Business Tech and Communications, and finally to running in Business Management and Leadership.

— Mrs. Romero (S)

Mrs. Romero’s Intro to Business classes are learning the core concepts of business, including financing, owning a business, economics, and career planning. As Mrs. Romero (S) says, this beginning class is, “…the first step in becoming literate in business. Intro to Business is the class where students begin to crawl, which leads to walking in Business Tech and Communications, and finally to running in Business Management and Leadership.” 

Before becoming a teacher, Mrs. Romero had majored in science at the University of California San Diego and studied biotechnology. She ended up working more in the business field and has continued with it for eleven years. After attending the University of Redlands and undertaking consulting, Mrs. Romero realized that she wanted to pursue a career in education and attended Cal State Fullerton to obtain a teaching degree. She began her education career by teaching science in middle school and is now, of course, teaching her business expertise at YLHS. 

In addition to being a part of the Mustang Business Academy, Mrs. Romero helps her husband with his privately owned businesses in taco catering and ‘dumpster renting’. Their taco business, Rastaman Tacos, delivers delicious, homemade tacos for graduations, birthday parties, summer gatherings, and any occasion that needs catering. Mrs. Romero handles the finances and sales aspect of their dumpster rental business as well, where they assist people in getting rid of clutter. Anyone who is moving out or has too much going on in their homes and doesn’t want to deal with the hassle can hire this operation to clear junk. 

Despite having many commitments already, Mrs. Romero has agreed to take on the advisor role for a new club recently formed at YLHS, Shark Bowl. This club is similar to the TV show Shark Tank, and students will market products and make sales pitches or be the “sharks.” Sharks will listen to contestant’s presentations and decide whether or not they want to invest in the mock company using fake currency. Students interested in business and marketing can join this club to have fun pitching product ideas, participate in volunteer activities, and win prizes. Join the Remind @ylhshark for updates and follow the Instagram @ylsharkbowl for additional information!

In her spare time, Mrs. Romero enjoys scuba diving and has a scuba diving certification. She also loves travelling and hopes to visit the Maldives and Palau. She has traveled to Thailand and lived on a boat with people from around the world for a scuba diving excursion; the group would complete four dives a day and night dives in the ocean. Mrs. Romero (S) states that “[scuba diving] feels like you’re flying.”

Mrs. Romero’s ability to connect well with her students and make her classroom a positive space for learning makes her a wonderful new addition to the YLHS family. 

View Comments (1)