Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
Countdown

Disney Magic Spreads to Fortnite

Walt Disney Company
Disney buys a portion of Epic Games, creating unlimited possibilities.

Disney has just snapped up Epic Games, the creators of Fortnite! Yeah, you read that right – Mickey Mouse is getting into the Battle Royale business!

On February 7th, Robert Iger announced “Our exciting new relationship with Epic Games will bring together Disney’s beloved brands and franchises with the hugely popular Fortnite in a transformational new games and entertainment universe” (THEWALTDISNEYCOMPANY). This news took the internet by storm. Fans of both Disney and the company Epic Games had mixed opinions on the topic. They took to the internet to share their thoughts, opinions, and ideas!

One Reddit user, dannyday10700, shares their thoughts/hopes for the future of Fortnite now that Disney made their purchase. Some of these ideas include the following: adding Disney World, Sugar Rush, Slaughter Race, and Andy’s room into the Rocket Racing tracks, somehow incorporating the Lego Marvel Infinity Saga and being able to create games and experiences, and being able to use Lightning McQueen and Mater car skins for Rocket Racing. “Let It Go,” “Circle of Life,” “Under The Sea,” as well as “Beauty And The Beast,” could become Jam Tracks for Fortnite Festival.

Another Reddit user, AYDHES2025, poked fun at the situation commenting: “Fortnite will soon be the only game where Peter Griffin can run trios with Captain America and Darth Vader, drive around the map in Lighting McQueen, fight Elsa, Eminem, and Solid Snake, then get sniped by Wreck-It Ralph and have Patrick Mahomes griddy on them.” The crazy chaos is yet to come, but we are sure it will be a great time. One YLHS student, Ryan Gary (12), says “I think that this is a very interesting purchase. I can see all of the potential with the game!”

I think that this is a very interesting purchase. I can see all of the potential with the game!

— Ryan Gary

Other people on the internet hope that the game finally integrates the Marvel mythic weapons back into the game. These weapons had special abilities unlike any weapon in the game before. The Marvel mythics were quickly a fan favorite and their return would be a nice surprise.

Many people worry over the fact that this could completely change Fortnite as a whole. But fear not, Disney has promised to keep the Fortnite experience authentic while still sprinkling in some of that signature Disney magic. So, get ready for more epic events, jaw-dropping collaborations, and maybe even some surprise appearances from your favorite Disney characters.

Get ready to experience the fun events that are yet to come from both companies. As Walt Disney once said, “It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.” And with Disney now in the mix, the impossible just got a whole lot more epic!