Tate Mcrae’s “THINK LATER” album review

Simran Vaswani
Tate Mcrae’s album being played on Spotify.

If you have TikTok, Instagram, or any other form of social media, I’m sure you have heard at least one of Tate Mcrae’s newest songs, “Greedy” or “Exes.” Her songs recently gained popularity, which led up to the release of her sophomore album “THINK LATER.” Many artists’ second albums are known for crashing and burning, yet Mcrae’s album boosted her popularity and publicity, reaching #4 on the US Billboard’s Top 100 Albums list. This album has reached the top 5 in various countries, such as Belgium, New Zealand, the UK, and Canada.

As a Tate Mcrae fan from the beginning of her career, this album was no disappointment and lives up to the hype it receives. Starting with her first song, “Cut My Hair,” has a good beat with catchy lyrics that hit the song home. Her second song is “Greedy,” which became an internet sensation the day it came out. Tate Mcrae does a great job of creating music with good beats and meaning behind her words. She explains many of her life’s struggles in the album, which helps fans connect with her on different levels. Some songs like “Grave,” “Stay Done,” “Calgary,” “Messier,” “Want that too,” and “Plastic Palm Trees” are more chill and relaxing songs that are great for studying and for a cozy vibe. Other songs like “Cut My Hair,” “Greedy,” “Run for the Hills,” “Hurt my feelings,” “Exes”, “We’re not alike”, “Guilty Conscience”, and “Think Later” are all more upbeat and catchy songs that would be great for listening when working out, at a party, or to sing along to! 

My favorite song on the album is “Run for the Hills” because of Tate’s vocals and the song’s beat. Other Yorba Linda High School students who are fans of Tate Mcrae have different favorite songs on the album. 

Naina Brar (11) is an avid listener of Tate Mcrae and states, “My favorite song from the “THINK LATER” album is probably “Calgary” or “hurt my feelings.” I love how her vocals are in this song, and overall, it’s such a vibe to sing along to and listen to at any time of the day. Tate Mcrae is a talented artist.”

“My favorite song from the “THINK LATER” album is probably “calgary” or “hurt my feelings”. I love how her vocals are in this song and overall it’s such a vibe to sing along to and listen to at any time of the day. Tate Mcrae really is a talented artist”

— Naina Brar (11)