Starbucks Summer Items

Starbucks has a lot of new summer items on their menu, lets dive deeper into each one!
Starbucks
Starbucks has a lot of new summer items on their menu, let’s dive deeper into each one!

Summer is just around the corner and businesses are announcing and releasing their limited-edition summer menu items. Specifically, one that people always look forward to is the Starbucks summer items. Last year they released their blended refreshers, such as the Blended Mango Dragonfruit, Blended Strawberry Açaí, and the Blended Pineapple Passionfruit. In April 2024, they announced the release of their summer drinks, and the list had everyone marking their calendars and counting down the days until May 7th. This summer, Starbucks announced they will release the Summer Skies Refresher – all 3 different versions – White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cream Cold Brew, and two new food items: Pineapple Cloud Cake, and the Orange Cream Cake Pop. 

I recently tried the drink with the lemonade and it reminded me so much of summer, and I can’t wait to hang out on the beach with my friends while drinking this.” 

— Suhani Desai (11)

Firstly, the new Summer Skies Refresher also features Starbucks’ release of raspberry-popping pearls. The Summer Skies Refresher consists of a summery blend of raspberry, blueberry, and blackberry over ice and pearls. Some people prefer their refreshers with lemonade, customers can also purchase the drink with lemonade in replacement of the water base. The lemonade gives the refresher the extra kick of flavor that some customers may feel completes the drink. Finally, the third version of the Summer Skies drink is substituting water or lemonade with coconut milk. This modification is interesting because it is so different from the drink with water or lemonade. It makes the drink creamier, and the consistency is thicker, leading to the cloud-like taste of this fruity summery blend. Suhani Desai (11) states: “I recently tried the drink with the lemonade, and it reminded me so much of summer, and I can’t wait to hang out on the beach with my friends while drinking this.” 

Secondly, the White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cream Cold Brew is the other drink, this is not completely new, but it is making its comeback this summer! This fan favorite returns and customers are excited to taste the magnificent blend of flavors, with the Starbucks cold brew and the Macadamia Nut syrup, topped with white chocolate macadamia cream cold foam and toasted cookie crumbles. It is the perfect blend for someone who wants the caffeine kick but enjoys the sweetness of the classic caramel Frappuccino. 

Starbucks also released 2 new food items. The new Orange Cream Cake Pop is inspired by the iconic orange creamsicle that is adored by kids all over the world as they hang out with friends by the pool. This sweet treat is an orange cream cake base dipped in white chocolate icing and finished with an orange slice design. Starbucks truly executed the orange creamsicle taste with this treat and it reminds me so much of past summers when I would just eat the creamsicles by the pool with family and friends on hot summer days. The pineapple cloud cake is a fluffy cake filled with pineapple bits and layers of pineapple filling and finally finished with a sweet glaze on top. This dessert is inspired by the drink Piña Colada, an iconic drink to sip by the pool, with a pineapple and coconut blend. Starbucks hit the summer vibes with these two releases, and I would recommend trying these treats before the end of summer. 

This summer as your sitting by the beach, or just out and about, I definitely recommend trying these summer items to get all the summer vibes.