Student Spotlight: Sarah Stumpf

Deborah You, Photojournalist

A senior at Yorba Linda High School, president of National Honors Society, an avid volunteer, and a Theatre Junkie member, this is Sarah Stumpf (12). Sarah Stumpf is a scholar mustang, born and raised in Yorba Linda California. She attended Bryant Ranch Elementary School, Travis Ranch Middle School, and Yorba Linda High School, where she has participated in a number of programs and activities.

Throughout her years at Travis Ranch, she was involved with Encore, the award winning show choir group on the TRMS campus, and ASB during her eighth grade year. She has also been involved with Girl Scouts since Kindergarten,  where she received her Leadership Award, Bronze Award and Silver Award as well as being a Daisy, Brownie, Cadette, Junior, and Senior. Sarah is currently working on her Gold Award, where she is collaborating with dog shelters to find them a home. In her free time, she enjoys singing (where she has competed in a number of contests) and has won many classical singing competitions! Sarah also enjoys spending time with her friends and family, and is close to her sister, Rachel, who currently attends UCSB. She desires to go to a school in San Diego, and wants to become a nurse later in her years.

Within her four years of theatre, some plays she has starred in were “The Miracle Worker,” “How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying,”  “Charlie Brown,” and the upcoming musical, “Legally Blonde.” She says that her two most interesting facts are that “even though she sings classical music, [her] favorite type to listen to is rock and [she’s] the best awkward dancer at Yorba Linda High School.”

As well as being involved with Theatre, National Honors Society and California Scholarship Federation, Sarah maintains a respectful GPA in addition to being involved with PTSA Student Leadership, where she serves as Secretary, and in the past, leader of the Kinship/Crittenton service projects.

With her passion for dogs and people, she volunteers at different animal shelters and homeless shelters on her weekends in order to help others and show them love in a compassionate way. Known for her kindness and silliness, her friends say that her best attribute is her loyalty and love. She puts a smile on each face each day, and enjoys life to the fullest.

Next time you see her in the halls, make sure to give her a high five or a shoutout!