Yorba Linda Icon: Carson Dike

Carson Dike, photographed here in Yorba Linda, is an active and lively Mustang.

Sanaz Kharazmi

Sanaz Kharazmi

Sanaz Kharazmi, Photojournalist

Stylish, easy going, and soon to graduate from Yorba Linda High School, Carson Dike is easily one of the most recognizable faces on campus. Starting in the fall later this year, Carson plans on continuing his education at the renowned George Washington University in Washington, D.C. Clearly on the road towards success, this bright young adult is sure to have a future full of opportunities and happiness ahead of him.

Much of Carson’s childhood took place in Bryant Ranch Elementary, where he enjoyed playing in the sunshine, participating in the annual Gold Rush, and =learning long division. He later attended Travis Ranch Middle School, where success in his swim career allowed him to withdraw from standard Physical Education to off-campus swimming. This passion for swimming quickly developed into a hobby which carried him through the swim program at YLHS, where he swam varsity for three years- beginning as a freshman, all while continuing his club team! On the YLHS campus, Carson also is involved in orchestra, where he plays the violin, and is currently finishing his first year on the Newspaper team.

When at home, he and his younger brother, RIley Dike, spend much of their time playing with their oddly shy and timid cat, Penny. “She is my beautiful, angelic child,” shares Carson Dike (12), who proudly boasts her striped brown fur and bright green eyes.  

Born to two kind and down to Earth parents, Carson is a creative and free spirited person. These traits are reflected in his decision to pursue Journalism and Mass Communication at one of the nation’s top colleges: George Washington University. After graduating, he plans on settling into the District of Columbia more permanently by acquiring internships nearby the area. Despite the concrete idea of what exactly he would like to pursue in the future, Carson Dike (12) shares that he selected this major because he has “always been interested in the social and political scene,” so he feels that “the outlet of writing” allows him to connect with this particular aspect in society.

As for hobbies, Carson loves music; not in the sense of producing, but critiquing it and organizing his favorite finds into elaborate Spotify playlists. Although his music taste is diverse, he mostly enjoys hip hop, rhythm and blues, and alternative styles. Carson is also fascinated by pop culture and fashion. Some of his fashion idols include Kim Kardashian and Bella Hadid.  

Undoubtedly, Carson Dike is a friendly, approachable, and accomplished student on the Yorba Linda High School campus. His disciplined and diligent work ethic are sure to confirm a bright future with successful friendships and careers. Yorba Linda will truly miss this student!