The End

Good luck to the class of 2018!

https://twitter.com/cbhsclassof2018

Good luck to the class of 2018!

Katie Cao, Photojournalist

Senior year, the year that all high schoolers look forward to with bright eyes. That is the year that everyone finds out where they will be dispersed across the country to their new lives in a higher education. That is the year that everyone will have the most fun, and make the best memories, and be with the right people. Senior year is the holy grail, the shining light at the end of the tunnel. After years of working hard to make sure that everyone succeeds, the time has finally come.

With less than a month until graduation, Yorba Linda High School’s class of 2018 is on the verge of embarking on a new, thrilling, exciting, yet terrifying, journey. There wasn’t a moment where they wished it all to end. To walk across the stage and scream at the top of their lungs, “We did it!” There is something magical and bittersweet about the way the hourglass on their time is slowly running out. These students have spent four years with their peers, and even more if they all attended the same middle school and elementary school. All of the stereotypes made about senior year turn out to be true. The best people are met during senior year,  no one really cares about anything anymore once AP testing is finished, and that senioritis has never been so bad until this year. Oh, and all the teachers sporadically decide to assign so much work and so many projects all towards the end of the year- which is not fun at all when procrastinating is at an all time high.

There were so many lessons learned throughout anyone’s high school career. These lessons will be passed down to the children of this class because eventually their kids are going to go to high school and experience the same things. Everyone’s experience is different in high school. Some dread the day it all ends because they feel like high school was the best time of their life. There are also those who are so happy that high school is ending and that they are ready to leave this small town to take on the world. Whichever category any student falls in, they know that there are many crucial moments that helped shaped them into who they are as their final days come to an end.

High school is not at all like High School Musical, but it taught so many so much more than what a movie could ever portray. “Yeah, the movie totally scammed me, but at the same time my own experience couldn’t even be put into a movie,” reflects Lauren Fitts(12).

With only days until  everyone goes off into the world, high school will be some of the years that everyone can reflect on from time to time and realize that there were some positives in these years. Good luck to the class of 2018 on all future endeavours, and live life to the fullest.