Becca is back!

Becca+giving+the+first+impression+rose+to+Garrett.+Photographed+By+Paul+Hebert.+
Becca giving the first impression rose to Garrett. Photographed By Paul Hebert.

Nicole Gagnon, Photojournalist

It’s Bachelorette time! After several long weeks of waiting for the new season to begin, ABC has finally aired the first episode of Bachelorette season 14.

Something that is slightly different about this season is the excessive amount of fans Becca Kufrin has. However, there is a reason for the great amount of fans. Last season of the Bachelor, Arie Luyendyk Jr. had hurt Becca drastically when he proposed to her, but about one week later decided she was not the one and he went back to the runner up, Lauren Burnham. This caused the entire Bachelor Nation to strongly support Becca and her new season in finding love. Becca even created her own catch phrase, “Let’s do the Damn Thing,” which many men mimicked when they met Becca for the first time on Monday night.

At the very beginning, the show revealed a video of Becca reminiscing on Arie while scavenging through old pictures of the couple. However, they then showed Becca driving up to the Bachelor mansion prepared to meet with some of her closest Bachelor girl friends. One thing this show produces that many fans are unaware of is the close sisterhood and bond the girls create throughout traveling the world together in search of love. While speaking to the three other past Bachelorettes, JoJo mentions how all of them happened to give the first impression rose to the man they ended up choosing at the very end.

Next, the show begins to play short and informative clips of a few contestants on this season. They start with Clay, a professional football player who is also a family guy and a giant sweetheart. Then they pan to Garrett who is a 29-year-old medical sales rep from Nevada. Garrett is also the lucky winner of the first impression rose from Becca, could this be her person? Another guy is introduced as Jordan, the male model, who brings a great amount of humor to this show due to his obsession with fashion. And then they reveal Lincoln, from Nigeria, who seems normal. And the final pre-meeting video introduction is Joe. A grocery store owner from Chicago.

Throughout the night, Becca meets several other men who try extremely hard to sweep her off her feet. Overall, this new season and new men have brought a lot of hope to Becca and the Bachelor Nation that she will find someone worthy of her love.